Human nature or not?

13»

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Stopped comparing myself to other women years ago. I observe people when I have the luxury of just enjoying the ambience and view of wherever I am, so I have acknowledged perks other women/men may have. Oftentimes it merely spurs me on to workout or attend to my aging maintenance protocols a little more. The luxury I do have now though is age ... tweaking anything permanently through cosmetic surgeons is an option I can be privy to without a care, if I so choose in future.

There just seems to be more attractive people out there now especially with cross cultural unions - so many unique beauties with natural features many go under the knife for. They are born looking close to perfect through my eyes. Therein lies the rub, my eyes . What is my ideal or perfect isn't necessarily your ideal or perfect. Neither is wrong or right. Merely adds to our uniqueness & flavours.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited February 2020
    No, I don’t compare myself, but I do notice others sometimes, especially if they are very beautiful, fit, stylish, etc. I guess that’s natural. I can appreciate beauty in others.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Compare? No. Admire? Hell yes.

Sometimes it's style. Sometimes it's genetics (like, damn that dude is tall). Sometimes it's obvious they work hard on their body/appearance. I can appreciate all that without looking down on myself because we're all different, and that's ok.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    I do not compare myself with others. I have very high self esteem, so I have never felt the need to compare. I do look at others and am able to enjoy the views.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    I don't compare my self, because I'm limited to what i can do. An usually others, are not in the Same situation as i am. Yes i might, ask someone there weight, an compared to my weight, but thats ,as far, i will goo to compare