GW: 150-155

Bust-42.5
    Waist- 35
    Hips- 46
  • Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    5'2, 131-135 range
    37.5/38
    I hold 99% of my fat in my thigh/hips. My bust and waist don't get much larger, It's everything else :D
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm 5'0", so a liiitttlle short.

Weight - 113lbs
    Bust - 36"
    Waist - 26"
    Hips - 35"

Really want to add another inch to my glutes, I shrunk my waist too small. Or shrink my waist another inch. I used to have a 10" difference.

I don't measure my waist at the belly button. Waist measurements for women are taken at the thinnest part of the waist, where it bends. Waist measurements for men are taken at the navel.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    5'3", 135 pounds
    Bust 34
    Waist (narrowest) 29.5
    Waist (bellybutton) 35
    Hips 38

I've been at my current weight about a year, and in that time my measurements have fluctuated up and down a bit but stayed mainly the same except my waist, which decreased by about an inch, possibly due to the contraction of some loose skin. Then added weight training about 6 months ago and my hip measurements increased by about an inch. I confirmed yesterday through 'before and after' pics that the increased hip measurement was all glutes—yay!

The changes are modest and I'm still not actually at goal weight; even still, my body shape is visibly better with an inch less waist and an inch more butt than it was a year ago. Last year I was wearing Spanx under my summer dresses; this year feeling a lot less sweaty without them!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    I'm a bit taller lol
    5'4" 134 lbs
    Bust: 35 inches
    Waist: 29 inches
    Hips: 39 inches
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    5'1'', kind of in-between 5'1'' and 5'2'' if it helps lol.

138 pounds.
    Bust 37 inches
    Waist (narrowest part): 30 inches
    Hips: 37 inches.

I'm pretty straight up and down, body-type wise. Maybe a little top heavy in the shoulders, but nothing dramatic.
  • sam33a
    sam33a Posts: 31 Member
    This is a depressing thread. I've always known that I look much bigger than I weigh but it's quite shocking just how much bigger I am compared to others my weight. My measurements are huge in comparison to most people's on here. I'm 5'2 and weigh 138 lbs. Most of my weight is on my stomach. I wonder if it's because of all the crash diets I did when I was younger and then the rapid weight gain after or just lack of exercise. Perhaps a combination of those factors.
  • HDBKLM
    sam33a wrote: »
    This is a depressing thread. I've always known that I look much bigger than I weigh but it's quite shocking just how much bigger I am compared to others my weight. My measurements are huge in comparison to most people's on here. I'm 5'2 and weigh 138 lbs. Most of my weight is on my stomach. I wonder if it's because of all the crash diets I did when I was younger and then the rapid weight gain after or just lack of exercise. Perhaps a combination of those factors.

Without knowing your measurements this is a shot in the dark—though even if I knew I couldn't be conclusive—my first thought is low muscle mass? Since muscle is more dense than fat one would look smaller (and have smaller measurements) at the same weight if a greater percentage of the body mass were made up of muscle.

You wondered whether there could be a connection to past crash dieting, and I guess it's a possibility. When we lose weight we lose both fat and muscle, then when we gain weight we're mainly just gaining fat (unless of course the gain is due to something like weight lifting rather than overeating), so that muscle-to-fat ratio can become tilted over time if we yo-yo.
  • sam33a
    HDBKLM wrote: »

Without knowing your measurements this is a shot in the dark—though even if I knew I couldn't be conclusive—my first thought is low muscle mass? Since muscle is more dense than fat one would look smaller (and have smaller measurements) at the same weight if a greater percentage of the body mass were made up of muscle.

You wondered whether there could be a connection to past crash dieting, and I guess it's a possibility. When we lose weight we lose both fat and muscle, then when we gain weight we're mainly just gaining fat (unless of course the gain is due to something like weight lifting rather than overeating), so that muscle-to-fat ratio can become tilted over time if we yo-yo.

Thanks for your response. You're right. I do have very low muscle mass. No wonder my weight loss is extremely slow compared to others. I rarely exercise. Guess I need to start seriously thinking about my diet and begin following a proper exercise plan. I'm eating low calories but my food is very high-carb and very low in protein, that can't help.
  • HDBKLM

Thanks for your response. You're right. I do have very low muscle mass. No wonder my weight loss is extremely slow compared to others. I rarely exercise. Guess I need to start seriously thinking about my diet and begin following a proper exercise plan. I'm eating low calories but my food is very high-carb and very low in protein, that can't help.

Strictly on the eating front there's nothing wrong with high-carb-low-protein, but if you are going to start to incorporate exercise then I think you'll find it beneficial to add more protein. Protein is specifically important for muscle retention and growth, but aside from the biological benefits you may also experience psychological benefits to higher protein consumption that keep you motivated to go back to the gym (or wherever you end up doing your exercise), in the form of seeing more rapid improvements in performance, stamina, etc.

Cardio is good for fat loss and heart health but will have less impact on muscle retention/growth than some form of weight training—and when I talk about weights I don't mean the 3-pound hand weights people use during aerobics. My n=1 results in the 6 months since I started weight training is that even though I don't get big calorie burns from the lifting itself, I can now eat several hundred calories more per day than MFP predicts I can without putting on weight. Having more muscles burning their little internal motors all the time in the background of my life—i.e., even when I'm not exercising—has had a metabolic impact.

There are some great threads on the forums to point the way when you're ready to start investigating exercise plans. One is called something like 'Which lifting program is right for you', another is called 'Recomp'.
  • sam33a

Strictly on the eating front there's nothing wrong with high-carb-low-protein, but if you are going to start to incorporate exercise then I think you'll find it beneficial to add more protein. Protein is specifically important for muscle retention and growth, but aside from the biological benefits you may also experience psychological benefits to higher protein consumption that keep you motivated to go back to the gym (or wherever you end up doing your exercise), in the form of seeing more rapid improvements in performance, stamina, etc.

Cardio is good for fat loss and heart health but will have less impact on muscle retention/growth than some form of weight training—and when I talk about weights I don't mean the 3-pound hand weights people use during aerobics. My n=1 results in the 6 months since I started weight training is that even though I don't get big calorie burns from the lifting itself, I can now eat several hundred calories more per day than MFP predicts I can without putting on weight. Having more muscles burning their little internal motors all the time in the background of my life—i.e., even when I'm not exercising—has had a metabolic impact.

There are some great threads on the forums to point the way when you're ready to start investigating exercise plans. One is called something like 'Which lifting program is right for you', another is called 'Recomp'.

Thank you. I will make sure to look into those.
  • yogafunctions
    yogafunctions Posts: 2 Member
    5’2”
    122 lbs (GW 115) But this may be impossible with all of the weight training
    Chest 32
    Ribs 25
    Waist 25 (id like to get this to 24)
    Hips 35 (id like to get this to 33 or 33)

Remember- you can weigh much less but have much larger measurements and vice versa. It comes down to the amount of muscle mass!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    5 ft 2

CW 157 lbs

C 32 bra size ( 40 via tape measure over )
    W 31
    H 41

I was 218 lbs aug 2018

C 54
    W 44
    H 52
  • pandagalaxy
    pandagalaxy Posts: 19 Member
    5'3"

CW 149.8lbs

Chest 36
    Waist 31
    Hips 38
  • StatChicBayes
    StatChicBayes Posts: 343 Member
    107 lbs 4'11" (I'm quite a bit shorter)

Bra Size 32 (measurement under breasts), 34" across breasts
    Waist 28
    Hips 34

trying to get waist/hips lower reducing BF
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    5”2, 118lbs
    37, 25, 37
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    5'1'', kind of in-between 5'1'' and 5'2'' if it helps lol.

138 pounds.
    Bust 37 inches
    Waist (narrowest part): 30 inches
    Hips: 37 inches.

I'm pretty straight up and down, body-type wise. Maybe a little top heavy in the shoulders, but nothing dramatic.

Wow, I should be taking measurements more often to see progress, as "only" 14 pounds has made a chunk of difference. Here are my updated measurements:

124 pounds
    Bust: 35 inches
    Waist (narrowest part): 27 inches
    Hips: 35 inches
  • therbold
    therbold Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 5'0"
    Chest is 34.5
    Waist is 31.3
    Hips are 35
    CW is 138
    GW is 118
    I have always had a thick waist too, even when I weighed 105. I think it's because there's not much space between my last rib and the top of my hip bone. Sucks.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    sdewey415 wrote: »
    For chest, do we measure right under our breast or across?

Chest (bust) is around the largest part of your bust, usually at nipple level, with the tape measure parallel to the ground. Below the breasts would be the underbust measurement used by most bra manufacturers to determine bra band size (and compare to bust measurement to determine cup size).
    Waist is the point on your torso where your body bends side to side, usually the smallest point on a woman's torso just below the bottom ribs.
    Hips is generally measured as the fullest point around your hips and booty. High hip is around where your hipbone is.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!