Do Naturally Thin Skinny Girls really exist???

Options
Hey, out of pure curiosity has anyone read Bethenny Frankel's Naturally Thin book and if so what results did you have when following her tips?

N.B Would really appreciate positive comments not a 'Bethenny Frankel' slating session.
Thanks =)

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,415 Member
    Options
    I've not read the book but my BFF (truly, since we were 15 and we're now 48) has always been thin. She has to workout hard to have any shape to her body, HAD to get the girls done (she didn't have any) and was the one who asked "does this make me look too skinny?". She eats regular food and her family is all normal sized (no obesity, no anorexia). So yes, naturally thin, skinny girls DO exist.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I used to exist under those conditions.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    yes, I know one.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I was once in a previous life.....

Then I had my son and came back again as fat mama
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes my wife is one of them. She can eat WHATEVER she wants and somehow actually ends up still losing weight and being entirely tone. So jealous!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    my daughter is very thin. She eats anything she likes (in fact, eats out mostly) and drinks alcohol 4 or 5 days a week. She picks up about 5lbs in winter but takes it right off in spring before bikini weather. Don't ask me HOW she does it, I do not know. I have never been thin. I know she was a very tiny child; in fact, she never got out of the #2 diapers.
    so yes, they exist
  • Desert_Lotus
    Options
    They exist until they have babies lol unless you have money to get all removed. ;) I was very small intil I had my daughter and have never been able to get back there
  • shelby456
    Options
    can anybody tell me if they have had sucsess with this diet and actually have maintained it???/
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I've never read the book or heard of it, but I was one.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I once worked with a girl who hated her body because she was so skinny. She wouldn't wear skirts or shorts because her legs were so skinny. She tried so hard to put on weight but couldn't (her grandmother was very skinny, too. It was all genetics).
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well, My husband (obviously not a girl) :) But anyway he is naturally slim, I tease him that he burns more calories in his sleep then I do working out! I am 51 and he is 61, so I don't think that this is going to change at this point in our lives....
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There is a girl in my office who is a natural size 6 (UK) and I've never seen her eat anything other than crap in the 2 years she's worked for us. During a day she will eat a tube of pringles or a bag of crisps, a family sized bag of skittles, and then other sweets and crisps: her desk is always piled high with them, its a running joke in the office. If she does have "food" for lunch is lasagne, potato and cheese or curry.

I don't understand how she doesn't have scurvy!
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My friend is a naturally skinny girl. She's had a little one and is still skinny. But what she has taught me is skinny doesn't mean fit. She works out just as hard as I do and watches her diet just as diligently as I do but so as to prevent weight loss. I've actually come to have a lot of sympathy for her because she constantly has people sneering at her because of her thinness. It's still a weight issue like mine but just the mirror opposite.
  • kmumansky
    Options
    My best friend since we've been 4 years old, is 5'1 and 92lbs. She eats fast food, pizza, drinks soda every single day. Has a desk job, doesn't excercise, loves to sit on the couch and watch tv...etc. She wants to gain weight but has never been able too
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I once was one...I was in high school and I had no boobs and no butt. I was all knees and elbows....after 3 kiddos and way too much bad food, I am now battling to get back down to that weight and to be toned. :)
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    One of my cousins is extremely thin. She's had 5 babies already and doesn't look like she was ever pregnant. Even when she was pregnant she never got that big.
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for positive reviews on the book, Amazon readers gave it very mixed reviews...apparently it promotes an eating plan of 800 cals/day...pretty low if you ask me.
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old daughter, who is just like her Great Grandmother, is super skinny and has to eat constantly. In fact she is underweight and I have to feed her high carb and protein foods to help her try and gain weight. At almost 4'8" she only weighs 64 pounds with her clothes on! She takes after her Great Grandmother and as long as I have known my Grandmother she has been super skinny and can eat anything she wants. It's only been since she turned 70 that she has had to change what she eats.

I tell you what trying to find clothes for my daughter is like pulling teeth on a alligator, because finding size 12 pants in super skinny is hard! So yes naturally thin people do exist and for some it's not as easy as some might think. For me being pleasantly plump it's never been hard for me to eat but for my daughter is hard for her to eat enough so she doesn't get sick. Seems like she is constantly tired and she eats all day. We have gone to protein shakes but being allergic to everything and lactose intolerant makes it really hard to find protein powders. Sometimes is just exhausting for both of us trying to find enough food thats right for her to eat an keep her energy levels high and her feeling 100%.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My sister is naturally skinny she had 4 kids and STILL skinny but she is also tall soo that might be it. She drinks beer, eat junk all the time and noo weight gain. I wish I had her gene I think she got it from our dad cause my dad is tall and thin and eats everything but no gain either.. But than I like being busty and being more womanly yea know like curves.