Beginner Weight lifters/Strength training

Options
Any beginner weight lifters out there who could hand out some helpful advice on the best excersizes you do?

I have a weight bench (up to 100kg) at home as well a few dumbells (I use 5kg). The weigh bench is obviously not mine its hubby's! I've lost majority of the weight I need to now so really want to learn how to effectively strength train.
I'm a 5ft 5 female, current weight 146lb. Can comfortably lift 5kg each hand..

If you have any helpful tips or advice, or a certain routine you follow maybe. Anything! Please comment and help a mama out.

💪💪

Replies

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Oops wrong post sorry!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I highly recommend picking up a few books or programs on lifting. There is a thread here going over a variety of different programs for a variety of experience levels:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

I like the efficiency of compound lifts, personally, but there are a lot of subjective decisions to be made on which type of program is right for you.
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There is tons of great apps for in home dumbbell workouts. One of the most popular is honestly just called "Dumbbell Home Workout". I know there is a free version, and a payed version. Not sure how much the pay one is. I bought a pretty good kettle bell app for only 3$, and use it all the time
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I focus on squats, bench, OHP, deadlifts, and rows. Learn to do those with correct form and increase weight slowly. You can do accessories with the dumbbells.