Are underwear progress pics offensive?

Options
124»

Replies

• jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I don't think i've seen any undie pictures on here that could be taken as offensive in the least bit. a bra usually covers more than a bikini top. and as long as your panties aren't see through and cover your cheeks i don't see how it would be offensive. if your comfortable with people seeing you in undies then post them. if not then don't.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is supportive, I have this cute little banana hammock I've been itching to try on and post to my thread.

http://jezebel.com/5836636/once-you-see-the-changed-man-bikini-swimsuit-you-cannot-unsee-the-changed-man-bikini-swimsuit-[nsfw]
  • aecmagn
    aecmagn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not offensive on here. Kind of "braggy" on FB. Saw an old friend's underwear pic--she "accidentally" uploaded onto FB...and even though she looks better than a supermodel, i was kind of embarrassed for her because so many people thought she was showing off.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    the level of offensivness correlates to one's moral compass...
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    wait? your not allowed to post pictures like that? well great, i took my picture of me before I started of me in a sports bra & shorts. I thought thats what I was supposed to do because I'd saw so many other pictures of people in bikinis, or underwear/bra.

crap.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    Ok - I figure I may as well. As most girls know - underwear/swimwear show the whole body rather than clothes covering it up - should I label its underwear in the title? is that the correct way to do it? Ive taken my face out - just in case........
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Ok - I figure I may as well. As most girls know - underwear/swimwear show the whole body rather than clothes covering it up - should I label its underwear in the title? is that the correct way to do it? Ive taken my face out - just in case........

I think posting that it's possibly NSFW in the title would really help folks that view from public places.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    what does NSFW mean?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    what does NSFW mean?

Not Suitable For Work - internet language for "possibly half naked photos or seriously bad language"
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I don't find them offensive but am not confident myself.
    I would say though when it comes to people 'enjoying them' that could be taken as a compliment or you could remove the pics after a little while. :)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    well, I hadn't really thought about people enjoying them a bit too much but after one of the comments Ive just read I think I'll leave it and try and do a clothed one - even though underwear/swimwear definitely show off your body shape more than in clothes.

...I know most MFP users are perfectly normal .....
    Whoa now! I'm not sure I would go THAT FAR! :wink: :noway: :laugh:
    Offensive? No.
    Necessary? No.
    Would I do it? No. Too many pervs out there.

BUT...as long as it fits in with MFP's terms/conditions, and you're ok with it, I wouldn't worry about offending people.
    your honesty is refreshing:flowerforyou: With my line of work, I would opt out of anything too personal even though I don't use my real name on the public forums. I do however see children as clients and don't feel it's appropriate for me or their parents etc. seeing me in either a bikini or undies.

Not saying at ALL would it be the wrong move for someone else but always good to look down the road and realize words and photos are on the Net FOREVER...

This has less to do with you OP but simply sharing how I see it for me. If I ever do post photos of myself on the public boards it'll be a tshirt and shorts, or something along that way. Personal friends on here, probably get to see more ....depends on how I'm feeling at the time I guess.

:wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Becca_007
    Options
    That'll definitely get more male hits, but I think you have a point, for anyone not wanting to see them it's a warning to them of the photos they are about to open (at work etc.). Some on here are easily offended, some are never offended.

As many above have shared do what YOU feel comfy doing because we can never make everyone happy no matter what we do in life.

Congrats on getting in shape:flowerforyou::heart::drinker:
  • Becca_007
    Options
    I posted a picture that showed my nipples and no one cared. so why not undies and a bra?
    then where's your photos of you in undies and a bra then?:huh: :tongue:
  • missduffbug
    Options
    ok - done! in success stories and title is

NSFW 31lb loss so far (pics) please dont judge
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Offending someone least of your worries. Once something is out there it is out there forever.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would not be offended. My progress pictures are a tank top and undies. If you're comfortable, go for it. Just post a "warning" in the title so people know before hand.

God bless!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is supportive, I have this cute little banana hammock I've been itching to try on and post to my thread.

Please post a warning in the title. LOL

God bless!
  • harm_ny
    Options
    I realize this is a fitness site, but I think it's weird to post revealing pictures on-line, but I'm pretty sure I think this way because I was raised in an extremely conservative cult and still haven't adopted to society's social norms. So, post whatever you want little lady!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!