Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

You know you have a problem when...

KickassAmazon76
KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,670 Member
You get on the treadmill for a quick warm up... And only plan for a 15min walk... But the miles and step count is so low... So you stay on for 30... But then your mileage is at a weird fraction... So you stay on again.

And all of a sudden... It's 43 minutes later and your STILL on the treadmill, because now you're going for the next even mile!

That is when you know you have a problem. Haha (a good one, though)

How do YOU know you have a 'problem'?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    When you buy high top sneakers (because low tops give you heel blisters) to walk 15 minutes on the treadmill with no incline at 2 miles per hour.

Which would be pushing the limits of your endurance as it is.

Then you realize you can’t bend over to lace them and you knew that all along but you forgot for a second in your excitement. And you can’t find the receipt to return them and they cost $40.

Awww man that sucks. What about replacing the laces with elastic and slipping them on with a shoe horn? Would that work?
  • KickassAmazon76
    When you buy high top sneakers (because low tops give you heel blisters) to walk 15 minutes on the treadmill with no incline at 2 miles per hour.

Which would be pushing the limits of your endurance as it is.

Then you realize you can’t bend over to lace them and you knew that all along but you forgot for a second in your excitement. And you can’t find the receipt to return them and they cost $40.

Awww man that sucks. What about replacing the laces with elastic and slipping them on with a shoe horn? Would that work?

I decided on Birkenstock cork footbed clogs and walking down the street for 2 blocks and back home again. I just hope nobody hisses disagree!!! in my ear and then runs away in anonymity while I’m walking because that would be awful.

Every step helps and matters! Be proud of doing what you can!

Who cares about the hissers. They suck. Lol
  • christophert1990
    christophert1990 Posts: 13 Member
    When I'm bench pressing a high weight, and my hamstrings cramp mid lift because my body is tensed up.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    When I'm running, and my knee, ankle or whatever start to hurt, but I don't want to stop because I'm having so much fun...and then I do it all again the next day.
    (worth it!)

I do this too! And I yell at the offending part while I'm at it! Haha... "shut up foot I'm not listening!"
  • KickassAmazon76
    When I'm bench pressing a high weight, and my hamstrings cramp mid lift because my body is tensed up.

For me, it's my back muscles. That sucks so bad!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    When you spend 45min in the closet, weighing, measuring, pinching and tracking...
  • KickassAmazon76
    Or when you jump off the scale when the number is spiking, because you don't want your Fitbit to register the gains...
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2020
    When you jump on the treadmill feeling all gungho today will be the day I do 4 miles but then 15 minutes in, your legs don't want to do it anymore. And you're eyeing that hula hoop in the corner instead.

Also when you can't think of anything except grocery shopping tomorrow and buying that long-awaited pint of Ben and Jerry's.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    When you're pp... Is a picture of you wearing an American flag cowboy hat and a robe...

😬😂
  • KickassAmazon76
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    When you jump on the treadmill feeling all gungho today will be the day I do 4 miles but then 15 minutes in, your legs don't want to do it anymore. And you're eyeing that hula hoop in the corner instead.

Also when you can't think of anything except grocery shopping tomorrow and buying that long-awaited pint of Ben and Jerry's.

I see no problem with that part in bold... Just sayin. Haha

Did you end up hoola hooping? Because I've tried that and it's HARD WORK.
  • KickassAmazon76
    When you're pp... Is a picture of you wearing an American flag cowboy hat and a robe...

😬😂

Haha maybe that's when WE know you've got a problem... :wink:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I see no problem with that part in bold... Just sayin. Haha

Did you end up hoola hooping? Because I've tried that and it's HARD WORK.

I did! I love it but do find after the first 20 minutes I get easily distracted so find myself bending down and picking up more than rocking it. :blush: I've gone as long as 30 minutes but don't have the patience for longer.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member

😬😂

A lot better than a fat cat smiling holding a donut. 🤣
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    You know you have a problem when Snapchat Introduces a new animal filter and you can’t help but tAke a ton of pics and then use them as your profile pic.
  • KickassAmazon76
    You know you have a problem when the snapchat filter comes off and you're like... WAAAAH BRING IT BACK!

I think their 'no filter' is a filter that makes you look worse so that you want the filter back haha
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    You're feeling gassy and stomach cramping up. Where's the toilet?
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    You sit on toilet an no toilet paper
  • KickassAmazon76
    You sit on toilet an no toilet paper

The struggle is real. 😂