What time do you try to stop eating by?

Options
We typically have dinner around 5:30/6pm. Than I'll normally have a snack around 7:30-8. Sometimes if I still have calories left or if I'm up late with my 3 month old I'll want to snack again around 9-9:30. I try to make the 8pm my cut off & not eat after that. Is it really bad to eat late like that? I try not to eat anything too heavy during the late times. Thanks! **I am exclusively breastfeeding so I'm adding those extra calories daily**

Replies

• Jessicalaing2012
    Jessicalaing2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    When I am no longer hungry and I go to bed.

Calories for the day is what matters.

I love this answer thank you! 😊
  • ActionRZ
    ActionRZ Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Same as above. The do not eat so many hours before bedtime is basically a myth IMHO. It’s calories in / calories out. Although several hours of fasting does indeed help. So as long as you are getting a decent number of hours a night in sleep and maybe not eating for a few hours after waking up, you will benefit and loose weight. As long as you are not over eating (no calorie deficit) through out the day of course.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I stop eating after my bedtime snack, which is usually around 10-11 PM. I cannot sleep on an empty stomach so I always save some food for bedtime. I eat dinner around 6:00 so I am hungry again late evening.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to stop by 6pm. I do get up really early, so dinner is early. Bed is also early lol. If I go to bed on a full stomach I am almost always pregnant in my dreams!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    For weight management it doesn't matter. I have to be careful with evening eating though so I can avoid taking medication for acid reflux.
  • OAS5
    OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I do not eat after 8 o'clock. That is a very strict rule i have. Typically I don't eat after 7:30 but 8:00 is the true cutoff. It's just something that has worked for me.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Options
    I will usually have a snack around 10:0-11:00. If I'm still hungry, or again hungry, and have the calories, I'll eat just before bed. If I ignore real hunger, I can't sleep.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    I eat my last meal of the day immediately prior to brushing my teeth & going to bed. I work rotating shifts so tomorrow it'll be around 1am, when I'm on night shift it may be around 7am, on day shift it may be around 9pm...
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Bedtime. I can't stand crumbs in the sheets.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options

This us why I have a crumb towel... I like to snack in bed. I stop eating when I go to sleep, never later than that, sometimes earlier.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options

Yep!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I typically stop eating when the sun is down. I don't try to, I just do. That's what I've always done even when I was morbidly obese, so no, the time you stop eating doesn't matter much out of context. It's how much you're eating that matters.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I don't try to stop eating by any point although I'll usually have my evening meal between 6-7 and then dessert and/or hot chocolate by about 9pm as that means it has a chance not to wake me up needing the loo at some unsociable hour.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I have a snack about 7:30 pm, and have breakfast around 7:30 am. I don’t follow intermittent fasting intentionally, it just works out that way. I’ve never been someone that wakes up and snacks in the night.