Can you not eat enough to lose weight?

Options
Hi all. I hit my mac weight after Xmas and was 17 stone 4. I’m 5ft 8. I have moved to a desk job recently and my calorie daily goal is 1500 calories. I’ve been sticking to it pretty well averaging between 1200-1800 callories a day (sometimes less. Although not often).

I go the gym and lift weights 3 times a week, play squash/badminton and swim for 45 mins 2/3 times a week. I’m not sure how much I burn off during that time so I don’t deduct that from my daily allowance.

Will this hinder me for weight loss? Am I in starvation mode due to this.

I started off with a massive 9lbs loss after 1 week, then slowly 2/3 lbs a week. For the last 3 weeks I’ve been losing an average 0.8lbs a week.

Should I increase my intake? Should I take into account my callories burnt?

Any suggestions please will
Be a help.

Thanks

Replies

• caithnessman
    caithnessman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I should say after 8 weeks I’m now 16.02lbs
  • Choppdogg777
    Choppdogg777 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Stick to eating as much protein as possible thats another way
  • caithnessman
    caithnessman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would say I’m pretty accurate with my food, it’s all homemade and weighed so I’m happy with what I’m eating. The exercise I’m not really counting so if I go the gym for 2 hours and say burn off 500 callories (just a guess) I’m not adding it or taking it away.

I’ll try increase my protein intake maybe that’ll help.

I am still losing weight so that’s good, just find when I press the complete diary it says I should be a lot less than I am.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I would say I’m pretty accurate with my food, it’s all homemade and weighed so I’m happy with what I’m eating. The exercise I’m not really counting so if I go the gym for 2 hours and say burn off 500 callories (just a guess) I’m not adding it or taking it away.

I’ll try increase my protein intake maybe that’ll help.

I am still losing weight so that’s good, just find when I press the complete diary it says I should be a lot less than I am.

The estimate you see is just an estimate based on your current day, I wouldn't read much into it.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Stick to eating as much protein as possible thats another way

Another way for what?
    Why would eating more protein help OP with their specific goal?
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Given the rate of weight loss it sounds as if you are about where you need to be in respect of diet and exercise. You may not be losing as much as you expect if you are building any muscle. Do you measure yourself as well as weigh? Are your clothes feeling looser than you might expect?