Halfway to goal (pics)

wf4fena0xhay.jpg
215 to 170 :)

Replies

• What in the heck? You look like a TOTALLY different person who just borrowed some cool purple hair. Amazing! You're so pretty!!

Thank you!! ❤❤
    looking back at this picture I can't believe how much my face changed
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Echoing pitbullpuppy! I was going to say you're gorgeous and your smile says so much! Doing great and you should be very proud!
  • charjaynes
    charjaynes Posts: 3 Member
    Woo!!!
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Good job!
  • Danp wrote: »
    While the weight loss is clear as day the thing that I noticed were the other changes.

Your body language in the after pic is so much more open. I know you're leaning in for the photo in the before pic but you seem to be more closed off. And there just seems to be a whole new level of confidence and self assurance in your smile and eyes in the after pic.

Congrats!

Thank you so much you are right on with that take, I am so much more confident and at peace with myself than I was in the old photo, and I really appreciate you pointing that out because sometimes I forget how far I've come in more ways than 1 ❤
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I agree with @Danp. First thing I noticed was the confident smile. Great work!
  • If I eat 2,000 calories a day and lose 1,000 calories but the calories I ate we’re good calories ( Vegatables and Fruits and Protein) Will I still lose weight even if I didn’t lose more than I ate ?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    You look incredible! It's amazing how much more confidence you have now, your body language is completely different. Congratulations, your hard work is paying off! Man I wish I did before and afters but I was too busy hiding from the camera!!
  • If I eat 2,000 calories a day and lose 1,000 calories but the calories I ate we’re good calories ( Vegatables and Fruits and Protein) Will I still lose weight even if I didn’t lose more than I ate ?

Not sure how to answer your question exactly but I can tell you that weight loss is calories in less than calories out, it's an energy dynamic so whether it's what you consider "healthy" or not is irrelevant when it comes to that. You should eat healthy because it's good for you and feels good but when it comes to weight loss its calories in vs calories out
  • CLICit
    CLICit Posts: 17 Member
    Amazing! Congrats!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    If I eat 2,000 calories a day and lose 1,000 calories but the calories I ate we’re good calories ( Vegatables and Fruits and Protein) Will I still lose weight even if I didn’t lose more than I ate ?

@MyFitnessGoal232

A calorie is a measurement of energy. There's no such thing as a 'good' calorie or a 'bad' calorie just like there's no such thing as a good or bad metre, a good or bad ounce or a good or bad megabyte. A 200cal doughnut has the exact same number of calories as a 200cal fruit salad.

Weight loss is an energy equation in it's purest form. Your body has a number of calories it requires each day. If you give it more calories than it can use it will store the extras as fat. If on the other hand you give it fewer calories than it needs it has to find those missing calories somewhere so will draw it from your body. Initially from body fat but if it can't get enough then it can start to break down other bodily tissues including muscles and organs.

So with this in mind if you eat 2000 calories a day and lose (use?) 1000 calories a day (note: you're definitely using more than 1000 calories per day but I'll stick to your example). Then you're eating 1000cals per day more than your using and your body will convert these excess calories into fat. Given that 1lbs of fat is approx 3500cal if you did eat 1000cal per day more than your maintenance you'll gain 2lbs fat per week.
  • 88missycat88
    88missycat88 Posts: 529 Member
    You look amazing!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Danp wrote: »
    If I eat 2,000 calories a day and lose 1,000 calories but the calories I ate we’re good calories ( Vegatables and Fruits and Protein) Will I still lose weight even if I didn’t lose more than I ate ?

@MyFitnessGoal232

A calorie is a measurement of energy. There's no such thing as a 'good' calorie or a 'bad' calorie just like there's no such thing as a good or bad metre, a good or bad ounce or a good or bad megabyte. A 200cal doughnut has the exact same number of calories as a 200cal fruit salad.

Weight loss is an energy equation in it's purest form. Your body has a number of calories it requires each day. If you give it more calories than it can use it will store the extras as fat. If on the other hand you give it fewer calories than it needs it has to find those missing calories somewhere so will draw it from your body. Initially from body fat but if it can't get enough then it can start to break down other bodily tissues including muscles and organs.

So with this in mind if you eat 2000 calories a day and lose (use?) 1000 calories a day (note: you're definitely using more than 1000 calories per day but I'll stick to your example). Then you're eating 1000cals per day more than your using and your body will convert these excess calories into fat. Given that 1lbs of fat is approx 3500cal if you did eat 1000cal per day more than your maintenance you'll gain 2lbs fat per week.

Just for clarity I would want to make sure that the person you're responding to understands that they're burning calories just by existing.

And therefore the calories that they intake through eating and drinking are balanced against the calories they burn by existing first and also against the calories they burn through activity beyond mere existence.

Most people burn much more than a thousand calories a day through mere existence.