Accountability partner needed!!

Hey all,
I'm looking for some support and someone to help keep me accountable! I'm hoping to lose a total of about 50lbs. However short term my goal is 5lbs a month.

I'm 25 currently 211lbs. I've lost about 5lbs since I started. I'm currently TRYING to go to the gym 2 days on 2 days off. I have a game called ring fit that makes up for my off days at the gym! My eat is definetly my biggest issue. I cam wat decent and healthy then I just binge for lile 2 days and it all comes back :(

I'm not looking for a diet or anything as I'm doing a lifestyle change! Let me know if your interested!!!

Replies

• Boaty2018
    Boaty2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Go on then! Let's do this! I'm aiming around 2 stone!
  • pandagalaxy
    pandagalaxy Posts: 19 Member
    It's difficult to find what works for you but don't give up! Keep trying and you will find it. :)

Feel free to add me and message me if you want. I've been on this site trying to lose weight since 2016 and started at 180lbs. There have been ups and downs the whole time but I'm currently doing really well. Got back from holidays about a month ago sitting at 155 and now I'm around 147 and looking to keep going down to 115lbs. (I am 5'3")

Best of luck to you! :)
  • shantireddo
    shantireddo Posts: 43 Member
    Hi there! I'd certainly be up for it! I'm getting back into things after a break and gaining a little weight back - I have about 14lb to loose until I get to my initial goal - then i'll see where I'm at after that. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like someone to chat to on the daily :)
    I'll be focusing on diet, and fitness and am hoping to get the gym 4 times a week ( I have spare time in the evenings so plan to spend it focusing on me!). Main aims for me are to make it my daily routine again, lose some weight and build some muscle and generally tone up a bit :)
    I'm 29 and currently 126lbs (im incredibly short) lol
    I originally started out at 147lbs
  • jeraldt6
    jeraldt6 Posts: 28 Member
    I've been going strong now since Dec. 1. I haven't quit, taken time off or even slacked. At one point however I was really getting frustrated, feeling low and ready to simply give into nature and my cravings. I started logging everything here and I made some friends here. One even invited me to a facebook fitness group. Taking time every day to read my friends posts, respond or atleast "like" them has resulted in their doing the same for me. Point is, build a group of friends on here. Come back to the site every day, even if you find yourself giving up, or having a bad week. Anyway, I find myself not eating things I shouldn't or not skipping workout days because I want to say good things and be honest when I post. Don't settle for a partner on this site. Surround yourself with a group of like minded people with similar goals.
  • I would love an accountability buddy! I'm 170 down from 215, my goal weight is inbetween 130 and 140 depending on how I feel when I get there so I have 30-40 lbs to go
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    I am in also you can add me as a friend. I am down 190 from 202 started in Dec, losing 5 lbs a month is a realistic starting point. What works for me is logging in my food and exercise every day and being honest about it.
  • stuffeez_
    stuffeez_ Posts: 4 Member
    jeraldt6 wrote: »
    I've been going strong now since Dec. 1. I haven't quit, taken time off or even slacked. At one point however I was really getting frustrated, feeling low and ready to simply give into nature and my cravings. I started logging everything here and I made some friends here. One even invited me to a facebook fitness group. Taking time every day to read my friends posts, respond or atleast "like" them has resulted in their doing the same for me. Point is, build a group of friends on here. Come back to the site every day, even if you find yourself giving up, or having a bad week. Anyway, I find myself not eating things I shouldn't or not skipping workout days because I want to say good things and be honest when I post. Don't settle for a partner on this site. Surround yourself with a group of like minded people with similar goals.

This is exactly what i am attempting to do! i used to only use the app for logging but i think becoming more engaged and social will help ALOT
  • stuffeez_
    I would love an accountability buddy! I'm 170 down from 215, my goal weight is inbetween 130 and 140 depending on how I feel when I get there so I have 30-40 lbs to go

WOW thats crazy, i havent seen 170 in agessss! Coongrats! Hoping i have as much success as you have so far
  • Hi, I also need to do this weightloss thing with friends because so far I've done it by myself and lost and gained the same 10lbs
  • stuffeez_
    Hi, I also need to do this weightloss thing with friends because so far I've done it by myself and lost and gained the same 10lbs

Oh this is my lifeeeeee problem! Lose gain lose gain! Feel free to add me and we can keep eachother on top
  • ParkerEl
    ParkerEl Posts: 2 Member
    Hello. You can add me. I started my journey on December 30th. This isn’t my first rodeo, but I’m determined to make it the last! I’m down 30 so far and aiming to drop another 50-60 lbs. Let’s get it!
  • pbutzk
    pbutzk Posts: 9 Member
    You can add me, I just don't know how that works. I lost 38 lbs last year and have regained 18. Now I haven't lost anything for 4 months despite trying harder again. Working out isn't the issue as I'm on track with that. I can track food and do great for a few days. Then I will have have one bad day and gain 1.5 lbs overnight. SO frustrated!! I like the suggestion of putting the scale away.
  • cheripie1
    cheripie1 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi
    I'm steadily losing at 1.5 lbs a week and logging all meals. Replacing lunch with an plant based shake.

I use a fitbit tracker to get my 10,000 steps a day.
    I work in a small classroom but use the stairs not lifts, and get off the bus and walk the last stop...little changes help. I'm seriously going to see what happens if I dont give up, I already know what happens if I do!

Add me for mutual motivation, effort level 100% :-)