I am finding this list of 25 mantras for weight loss, helpful...

Options

Replies

• cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    They were helpful - thank you. I like affirmations. They help focus the mind and remind me why the goal is desirable. Some of those were very useful. I like the idea of nourishing your cells.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love 'Aim for Progress Not Perfection'. That's going to be my new mantra.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Scales are for fish :lol:

I particularly liked “Work on Your Spiritual Growth and Weight Loss Will Follow” as I’m slowly learning to be kinder to myself during this journey.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I don't lose weight due to quotes and saying..but I do come up with truths of my own that work.. and one for me is that weight loss is just one good decision made after another.

The state of ones life is the result of their collective decision making. Your job, your bank account ..your relationships and your body. You are deciding all of it. That's why I get short with people when they act like life is happening to them instead of them creating their own life.
  • clakatos2
    clakatos2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I start blaming other things like my bad day for my poor meal choices or my lack of exercise because I'm tired, I like thinking how it's my decision and no one else's on how and who I want to be. We can get/stay healthy, we have to want it! I am so lucky to have a boyfriend who helps to motivate me but he has already lost 6 pounds and I have lost 1.4. Men shm
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I like "Don't Love it Don't Eat it" out of those. I don't know how many times lately I've had something I used to love and it wasn't as good, like Reese's peanut butter cups and the chocolate was yucky. I can do some serious appetizer eating and most of the time it's not that good, I'm just eating it because it's in front of me. I should just eat the dips with vegetables instead of chips and crackers because that's what I'm usually enjoying. Dinners out I usually end up thinking I could make the same thing and it'd taste better, like salads.

One a friend told me that I like is the new you is going to cost you the old one.
  • affirmationguy
    affirmationguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't lose weight due to quotes and saying..but I do come up with truths of my own that work.. and one for me is that weight loss is just one good decision made after another.

The state of ones life is the result of their collective decision making. Your job, your bank account ..your relationships and your body. You are deciding all of it. That's why I get short with people when they act like life is happening to them instead of them creating their own life.

Agreed. But, I myself know that I can learn from the successes and failures of others.
  • affirmationguy
    Options
    clakatos2 wrote: »
    When I start blaming other things like my bad day for my poor meal choices or my lack of exercise because I'm tired, I like thinking how it's my decision and no one else's on how and who I want to be. We can get/stay healthy, we have to want it! I am so lucky to have a boyfriend who helps to motivate me but he has already lost 6 pounds and I have lost 1.4. Men shm

Keep it up. It will stick. If not today, one day!
  • affirmationguy
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I like "Don't Love it Don't Eat it" out of those. I don't know how many times lately I've had something I used to love and it wasn't as good, like Reese's peanut butter cups and the chocolate was yucky. I can do some serious appetizer eating and most of the time it's not that good, I'm just eating it because it's in front of me. I should just eat the dips with vegetables instead of chips and crackers because that's what I'm usually enjoying. Dinners out I usually end up thinking I could make the same thing and it'd taste better, like salads.

One a friend told me that I like is the new you is going to cost you the old one.

So true!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    It's great that these help you. I don't personally find this kind of thing helpful.

Some of these I liked a lot and agree with. I also actively disagreed with some of them:

- "Scales are for fish": not a chance. My scales are highly useful tools.

- "Don't love it? Don't eat it!": Mrs Jruzer will get annoyed with me if I don't eat the dinner she's prepared.

- "Finish eating by sundown": No way. The sun sets here in winter at 4:15!

- "Work on Your Spiritual Growth and Weight Loss Will Follow": God will not be used as a means to an end

- "Have faith in the set point theory": I'm not going to have faith in a discredited theory. You don't have "faith" in theories, anyway - you accept them as true, or not, based on data and reasoning.
  • affirmationguy
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    It's great that these help you. I don't personally find this kind of thing helpful.

Some of these I liked a lot and agree with. I also actively disagreed with some of them:

- "Don't love it? Don't eat it!": Mrs Jruzer will get annoyed with me if I don't eat the dinner she's prepared.

- "Work on Your Spiritual Growth and Weight Loss Will Follow": God will not be used as a means to an end

- "Have faith in the set point theory": I'm not going to have faith in a discredited theory. You don't have "faith" in theories, anyway - you accept them as true, or not, based on data and reasoning.

It would be great if when you personally do not like something, you could just learn to just keep on scrolling, as it detracts from the discussion between people for whom these things do help.

Thanks!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

It would be great if when you personally do not like something, you could just learn to just keep on scrolling, as it detracts from the discussion between people for whom these things do help.

Thanks!

@affirmationguy, that's not how public forums work.