Your Best Quick Salad Dressing Recipes

2»

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    Maybe a little off topic but this is a great resource for salad making.

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/dining/22mlist.html
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 170 Member
    Has anyone tried to infuse their own Olive oils or vinegars?
    There is a storeabout an hour from me that has these. Figured it wouldn't be difficult to make. I tried a honey and ginger vinegar which was really good and a key lime vinegar which wasn't bad.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    All of these are amazing! Thank you!
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    I love mixing evoo with apple cider vinegar, real maple syrup, garlic (minced or powdered) and salt and pepper. So good on fresh mixed greens.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    I love mixing evoo with apple cider vinegar, real maple syrup, garlic (minced or powdered) and salt and pepper. So good on fresh mixed greens.

That sounds great. I'm going to try that.
  • plythacur
    plythacur Posts: 32 Member
    I make my own Caesar dressing in large batches and it keeps for about 2 months in the fridge: full head of garlic, can of anchovies, juice of one lemon, one egg yolk, splash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Combine everything in a food processor and pulse, add 1/4 cup white wine vinegar. Then while the food processor is running add a slow steady steam of olive oil until the whole thing is emulsified. I like my Caesar super potent (like what you get at Outback Steakhouse) and spicy, but you could easily dial back on the garlic and anchovies for a milder dressing.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    3,2,1 Balsamic Viniagrette

3TBS balsamic
    2TBS lemon juice
    1TBS dijon

1 clove garlic
    kosher salt
    black pepper

1/2 cup good olive oil

Buzz with an immersion blender. Serving size: 2 TBS (I forget the macros, but it works for me :) )
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    Good idea to keep batch made caesar dressing in the fridge. Thanks. Going to do this. Of the western dressings I normally have mustard vinaigrette and ranch in squeezy bottles. I also usually have a couple of asian dressings on hand such as Vietnamese nuoc cham, Japanese goma and Indonesian lalab.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Plain balsamic, good quality though spend the extra money for the aged stuff. Aged balsamic has almost a chocolate flavor, sweeter.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    plythacur wrote: »
    I make my own Caesar dressing in large batches and it keeps for about 2 months in the fridge: full head of garlic, can of anchovies, juice of one lemon, one egg yolk, splash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Combine everything in a food processor and pulse, add 1/4 cup white wine vinegar. Then while the food processor is running add a slow steady steam of olive oil until the whole thing is emulsified. I like my Caesar super potent (like what you get at Outback Steakhouse) and spicy, but you could easily dial back on the garlic and anchovies for a milder dressing.

I did some googling for homemade Caesar dressing and it says not to keep it more than a week. Even less. Store bought is another matter altogether of course.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Allgaun wrote: »
    Plain balsamic, good quality though spend the extra money for the aged stuff. Aged balsamic has almost a chocolate flavor, sweeter.

I second a good quality balsamic vinegar.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited February 2020
    Tried this awesome recipe for sunshine salad dressing, basically a lighter and punchy honey mustard.

1/2 cup Greek yogurt (any fat %)
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    3-4 tbsp honey
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1 clove garlic minced
    Salt and pepper to taste

Make about 10 servings, 2 tbsp each and 70-90 calories per serving. SO GOOD.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Creme Fraiche - a couple tablespoons. Mix in some freshly squeezed lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. I love this mixed in with a simple salad of spinach, apple slices and maybe some walnuts.
  • Dayannahernandez30
    Dayannahernandez30 Posts: 30 Member
    Lemon, olive oil, salt, garlic
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I'm boring. Basic lemon vinaigrette (olive oil and lemon juice) on almost any kind of salad, except the ones that are usually dressed with mayo, then I use mayo. Yeah, as I said, I'm boring.