Feeling lost

Options
Jmoney711
Jmoney711 Posts: 42 Member
edited February 2020 in Food and Nutrition
I’m a male 5 foot 10 currently weigh around 150 pounds. Over the span of a year I’ve lost 46 pounds with no exercise or weight training. At my lowest I was 145 but I’ve started lifting and eating more because my family was worried as I was very frail. I’m just not sure how much I should be eating. Today I just binged about 5000 calories, this happens every so often. On a good day I will eat 2500 calories and I always walk 10,000 steps every day regardless of my gym routine. I lift 4-5 times a week.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I show you at closer to 2900 calories per day but the question is how often do you weigh? Have you been staying almost the same over the last few months or has it still been declining?
  • Jmoney711
    Options
    well since I’ve been lifting it has gone up a little. I try to stay off the scale because I tend to try to restrict if I see the number fluctuate. My lifts have been getting stronger though. In addition to a leaner physique. So I’m not sure. Should I weigh more often?

• Jmoney711
    Options
    Yeah I can see that. I will definitely consider contacting a nutritionist or some sort of professional to help me with some of these tendency’s that I’ve developed. It’s just hard when I get into the cycle of watching the scale number drop. The idea of gaining weight somewhat intimidates me as the fear of becoming overweight always creeps into the thought process.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Seconding Novus's recommendation to see a counsellor about the behavioural side of this.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Yeah I can see that. I will definitely consider contacting a nutritionist or some sort of professional to help me with some of these tendency’s that I’ve developed. It’s just hard when I get into the cycle of watching the scale number drop. The idea of gaining weight somewhat intimidates me as the fear of becoming overweight always creeps into the thought process.

I understand being afraid. I have lost more weight than what you weighed when you started. I am fearful of gaining back weight and my life go back to what it was before but my fear is not in charge. It is not making me engage in practices that are harmful.

Be kind to yourself. See a doctor.