How Quickly Can I Get to 20% or Lower?

cherryberry9
cherryberry9 Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
I am 165 cm, 57.4 kg at 25.7% body fat. How quickly can I get to below 20%? My goal is 18%, but I don't know what to do for this goal to become close to a reality. I am already getting my diet under order (cutting out junk foods for starters), I walk three km minimum a day as well but I know that is not enough. I don't want to starve myself! I move to Korea in July and want to be in shape before then (I am considered to be chubby there at my current measurements). I know I do not NEED to lose weight (nor do I want to), I simply want to get fit and slim down.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    A bit confused by your post and your goals - you say you don't want to lose weight and if not then that rules out simply dieting to lose fat. Or do you mean you don't want to lose weight but will do so anyway?

If not aiming to lose weight that leaves building muscle / losing body fat while maintaining weight (recomp) but I'm not seeing any exercise that would result in gaining muscle. With a good training program as a female beginner might gain half a kilo of muscle a month.

If you aren't prepared to lose weight or train to gain muscle how are you proposing to change your body composition to what is an athletic level without training like an athlete? Ultimately your body reflects what you do with it - walking 3km a day isn't going to result in "getting fit" (fitter perhaps depending where you are now) or looking fit/athletic.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    If you don't want to lose weight, only fat, that is called recomp. Eat maintenance calories and lift. Follow a proven lifting program. You have to put in the work.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I went from about your same BMI and 23%BF to a BMI of 18.5 (lowest you would want to go) and BF% 13-16% in about 14 weeks. This was done with 6 days a week of deficit, 3x/week ~45min strength training and 3x/week 20min interval cardio with one rest day/free eating day. Basically my weekly average put my intake slightly above my measured RMR. Honestly, I was way too thin there and have since gone up to about the same BMI as originally but with added muscle mass.