Exercise!

There’s an old saying that’s been around forever encouraging a person with ways to be happy. The one that has always stood out to me is dance like no one is looking. I’ve been looking for ways to bounce up my activity level and I finally decided the heck with it. I put on You tube and put on some Shakira and danced to happy, bouncy music for 30 minutes.. I had to open the office door I got so hot, but xcept for sore knees and back, I feel great! Think I will do this a couple times a night. What about y’all? What gets you moving? I’m always up for new things.

Replies

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    My favourite feel good thing is to get out in the countryside and go for a long walk in the fresh air. It always clears my head and makes me feel happy and calm.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,808 Member
    There’s an old saying that’s been around forever encouraging a person with ways to be happy. The one that has always stood out to me is dance like no one is looking. I’ve been looking for ways to bounce up my activity level and I finally decided the heck with it. I put on You tube and put on some Shakira and danced to happy, bouncy music for 30 minutes.. I had to open the office door I got so hot, but xcept for sore knees and back, I feel great! Think I will do this a couple times a night. What about y’all? What gets you moving? I’m always up for new things.

Sore knees and back is a concern. You might try something that's a little easier on your knees and back ... you don't want to damage them.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,808 Member
    I walk, run, cycle, row, climb stairs, and do pilates ... mostly. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like exercise with fun choreography, like step, fancy aerobics, and fun kickboxing. I also like to run outside with good music.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    mountain bike, road cycle, walk, hike, rock climb, swim (not usually laps, just chasing the kids around in our pool).

I do spin classes a couple nights per week in the winter because it's too dark and cold for me to get out on my bike and spin keeps me in shape for the cycling season. I lift weights 2-3x per week depending on the week...takes me about 40 minutes usually, and then I wrap up my session with 20 minutes on a spin bike or stationary bike if there is a spin class in session.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    My favourite feel good thing is to get out in the countryside and go for a long walk in the fresh air. It always clears my head and makes me feel happy and calm.

Yes, I bundle up and walk at lunch time all winter long. This winter was so mild I didn't even need my flannel-lined jeans or parka.

On rainy days I lift weights or practice yoga.
  • scaredofscale
    scaredofscale Posts: 24 Member
    Lizzo and running