quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    ywya6j0j1vw0.jpg
    knio7s6vslig.jpg
    s2y2mvcvrh3j.jpg
    q338a5j9ur8c.jpg
    4gcshdeaa9j8.jpg

I'm so jealous you got Mini Eggs! They weren't out yet when I went shopping Friday night.

I ate some, too! :smokin:
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

@ReenieHJ noatmeal is oat free oatmeal made with pea protein flax seed and hemp hills and nondairy milk cinnamon and vanilla extract and the tofu chili bake : 1 block extra firm tofu 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos (or brags) 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp chili paste or sriracha =4 servings 128 cal 8.1 g fat 11.2 G protein 4 g carb 2.6 net carb cut your tofu in half lengthwise and half again (drain and dry first) in a dish whisk tamari olive oil and chili paste dip tofu in the mixture than lay on lined cookie sheet pour remaining mix over tofu bake on 350 for 25 min til edge is crisp flipping halfway thru baking
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Well looks delishguys good job 👏 On all the new posts and old yay!!!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks angel! Embarrassed to say I've never had sriracha, might just be time to give it a go. :)
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @ReenieHJ you might like it it is a little spicy so just a few drops is plenty! It’s great on Korean dishes like bi bim bap or in pho. I’ve never used for anything else really but I’m gonna give it a go!
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Here’s my meals for week with what I bought:
    All keto vegan meals from a book except the salmon burgers which I had at home already
    Monday: spinach and olive mini quiche, nut free chocolate granola, no cook falafel w/ spinach and keto cauliflower wrap, chia pudding, pad Thai w miracle noodles, radish chips
    Tues : same
    Wed: same ⬇️
    Thu:spinach quiche, veg stock,falafel salad,chia pudding, salmon burger w lettuce wrap and avacodo lime dressing, radish chips
    Friday: noatmeal, nut free chocolate granola, falafel salad, chili tamari tofu bake, radish chips
    Saturday: same
    Sunday: funday free
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Also I have a keto coffee in morning consists of coffee 2 tbsp coconut oil, coffee a dash of liquid stevia
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @just_Tomek I blend it it is an acquired taste but helps me stay full half the day so that is my little tool I use for food control plus it’s very creamy so I do like it. Kinda like a latte 😋
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    6xgsjq3ivjqp.jpg

Most of the weekly shopping for a family of 7. And the dinners planned 😄

Wow, awesome pre-planning!

1p1iq9.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    @just_Tomek I blend it it is an acquired taste but helps me stay full half the day so that is my little tool I use for food control plus it’s very creamy so I do like it. Kinda like a latte 😋

No idea what kind of lattes you are drinking, but greasy and oily coffees would be a big blehhhhh in my books.
    But if this works for you....

Isn't it interesting how different people are satiated by different things?

I didn't find bullet proof coffee gross, but I didn't find it filling either. I drastically cut down on the fat, added protein and fiber, and find this new coffee smoothie very filling for less calories than bullet proof coffee.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Thanks angel! Embarrassed to say I've never had sriracha, might just be time to give it a go. :)

If you like chicken Skinnytaste's honey siracha chicken is really good. I tasted the sauce after making it and thought it might be too strong but it's great once on the chicken, I may even make it hotter next time.

• Katmary71
    Options
    I batch cooked steel cut oatmeal with chia and flaxseed, lentils for my lunch salad, then made potatoes. I'm making a chicken and garbanzo bean stew at the end of the week. I usually cook a couple days in advance like making chicken and roasted vegetables for dinner. I tend to get whatever produce is on sale or a good price then choose protein to compliment it.

I'm going to Costco at the end of the week for lettuce, more spring greens, protein drinks, rotisserie chicken and coffee but so far bought:
    Greek yogurt
    bulk popcorn
    steel cut oats
    cucumbers
    asparagus
    broccoli
    radishes
    spring greens
    onions
    jicama
    parsley
    peppers
    (last group is for my lunch salads)
    chicken breasts
    tuna
    paprika for popcorn
    apples
    kabocha squash
    tea
    found Yasso peppermint crunch bars but they're not pepperminty enough
    I was getting a produce box but just canceled as I received one too many spoiled items. I DO miss having the box delivered!
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @kshama2001 yes I have to use 2 tbsp around 240 Cal works for me
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @katmary71 oh man not minty enough 😋 I understand 🥰. So what do you do wit jicama? I plan on getting a couple special items from Costco next week macadamia nuts and almond flour
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @angelexperiment I just add jicama to my lunch salad. I first had it in a Dos coyotes salad with spring greens, red pepper, onion, tortilla chips, black beans, grilled chicken, mango salsa, and a creamy dressing. I make a lower calorie version of that salad. It's good just dipped in hummus but can also be used in stir fry and slaw. I've even come across recipes where you slice with a mandoline and use as a tortilla. Most grocery stores aside of Walmart have jicama, most of the time it isn't refrigerated but at Safeway it is.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    JaneAero wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I pick up a small amount of shopping every night on my way home from my cleaning job.
    I walk to my 2hr cleaning job, then walk to the supermarket, then walk home and at that time of night everything is reduced.
    I always head to the reduced fruit and veg and fresh food section first and plan my food for the next day around that to a degree.
    So today,

Breakfast I had a thin wholemeal bagel & low fat cream cheese.
    Lunch was a mixed Leaf salad, 2 baby tomatoes, 100g four bean salad and 2 falafel.
    Dinner is going to be chicken breast, asparagus, mushroom and pesto sauce.

Tomorrow will be thin bagel for breakfast with poached egg.
    Lunch will be mixed Leaf salad with thin sliced beef.
    Dinner will be red bell pepper, stuffed with leftover chicken, rice, sweet corn, pesto & parmesan.

Drinks are black coffee & water.
    For snacks I have rice cakes, apples, satsumas, bananas, actimel yogurts.

Everything was reduced, which is important to me, as I am senior on a pension.

I want to keep my food as simple, unprocessed and preferably raw as possible, with minimal baking, to keep electricity costs down.

I try to buy modern food stuffs to get away from the post-war mentality of meat and two veg.

Wow, super healthy :) Add in the walking, cleaning, healthy food and you've got a winning combination.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @JaneAero great job! I love that idea 👏🔥. I’d walk to work too if I could but it’s 12 miles away! ( I can’t yet walk farther than .5 mile bc I need a hip replacement) but I admire you’re dedicated healthy regime. 😄🧗👩‍🏫
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I bought some groceries yesterday. I shop once a week and keep the pantry ready. I pick up what ever I'm out of.

Bananas
    Garlic sourdough 100% wheat bread
    Apples
    Red pears
    Romaine
    Greek yogurt, non-fat vanilla
    Mushrooms
    2 dozen eggs
    93% lean burger
    93% lean ground turkey
    Green bell peppers
    Italian roast beef from the deli
    Sun dried tomato Turkey from the deli
    Cherry tomatoes
    Canned corn, grn beans, sweet peas (no salt)
    Canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce (no salt)