The struggle is real

Options
Hi guys🙋‍♀️. I’m here having eaten all my foods for the day. Feeling a tidbit hungry, feeling tempted to eat the potstickers the kids left untouched for their dinner. But I decided to have a cup of tea here and go to bed. It’s all about choice but it is very extremely tempting bc you know I have a bad habit of eating kids leftovers 😏

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    It can be.
    It comes down to how badly you want to reach your goal, and if it’s really worth eating.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Hi guys🙋‍♀️. I’m here having eaten all my foods for the day. Feeling a tidbit hungry, feeling tempted to eat the potstickers the kids left untouched for their dinner. But I decided to have a cup of tea here and go to bed. It’s all about choice but it is very extremely tempting bc you know I have a bad habit of eating kids leftovers 😏

Try having a home daycare with 4-6 picky eaters! I totally know the temptation!! This is why I've started clearing things away immediately.. I have my older kids scrape their own plates, I do it for the younger ones, and any left overs are put away ASAP.

You got this!

BTW, when I am still hungry and way low or even out of calories, I'll often do a quick egg white omelet with a bit of turkey and sprinkle of cheese. Comes in at about 100-120 calories and still keeps me in a deficit.
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It can be very difficult if you have a picking habit. Can you leave yourself a couple of hundred calories for an evening snack?
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Why would grubby, picked over food that someone else wouldn't even eat be at all appealing? Just throw it in the trash and be done with it!
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Why would grubby, picked over food that someone else wouldn't even eat be at all appealing? Just throw it in the trash and be done with it!
    Having been there done that, it feels like a total waste of perfectly good food! My husband is the main garbage disposal in the house now :D
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Having been there done that, it feels like a total waste of perfectly good food! My husband is the main garbage disposal in the house now :D

I totally get that thinking - it's something I've dealt with myself. What helped me was realizing that eating calories my body doesn't need is just as wasteful as throwing food away.

(Obviously the ideal is finding the perfect amount of food to buy so nothing ever gets thrown away, but we're in the real world here and it's going to happen).
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I can't stand going to bed when I don't have some food in my stomach, but if I had a struggle day, I make sure to choose something high-volume, high fiber, low calorie-density. I really like apples.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm feeling really hungry and grumpy in the evening after dinner and I'm feeling tempted, something about having a cup of tea really does the trick for me. Because I don't think it's real hunger...it's more like boredom. So, good for you for resisting!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    @COGypsy it was not grubby! I had just made it and it was untouched. And yummy potstickers 🥟. I would not throw away food I just made. But it is a bad habit to eat lifters of my kids. I forget I even do it sometimes. I have 5 kids so we reserve our foods for other meals if untouched.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It can be very difficult if you have a picking habit. Can you leave yourself a couple of hundred calories for an evening snack?

I think I’ll reserve my evening snack for later I ate it too early! Lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

As a mom of 6... I have to agree with this. Once it goes on my kids' plate, I can't imagine eating it after them. :laugh: 🤢🤮