Pasta

Options
2»

Replies

• Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    God knows how you would make spaghetti with squash, it's rock solid raw and squishy cooked! Unless you slice it proper thin. But then it would go like french fries. Hmmmm Worcestershire Sauce French Fries *adds to shopping list*
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Why would you make spaghetti if you're on low carb?

Why don't you just eat the squash?
  • rachel4
    Options
    It’s not only for low carb diets, you would use the Spaghetti Squash as an alternative to Pasta. put the sauce on the squash.:smile:
    Pasta (even Whole wheat) is just flour.
    Squash is a vegetable.
    So your body can use all of it up. Where the pasta would just.....well... sit.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Squash is a fruit, but your point is valid.

I'm not arguing, I've just got a different viewpoint. I know pasta has the same ingredients as glue, and the only extremely rare reason I'd be eating it is to consume the high amount carbs, so a substitute wouldn't do.

My point is, for example, a friend of mine boasted that he'd spent the afternoon making his 'gluten sensitive' wife a gluten free pizza. (It was their very first meal since deciding she was gluten sensitive) Why didn't the idiot make her gluten free steak and veg? Gluten free chicken salad? Gluten free vegetable stir fry?

I don't understand the need to go making things look like what they're not. It seems like a pointless waste of time (to me only obviously)
  • rachel4
    Options
    ahh yes!! I do see your point! :)
  • lindsay6694
    Options
    You weight everything RAW. If you weight it cooked you are adding water to the weight and then cheating yourself out of the amount. Same with meat. If you weight the meat after it’s been cooked it will weigh less, and you will eat more calories than what is intended.
    BTW.. have you ever tried Spaghetti Squash? It is delicious and a healthy alternative to pasta :love:

I like making chicken alfredo with spaghetti squash! yummy!! its making me hungry just thinking about it. maybe ill have to make it for dinner next week.
  • vbichette
    vbichette Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh food but I'm wondering what a serving of pasta is. Would it be 1 cup or 1/2 cup uncooked.