Circumferential Abdominoplasty / 360 Body Lift / Tummy Tuck

Seems like there are very few stories by men about it on here. I didn't spot any actual images in search.
I just wondered if anyone had any experiences to share. I'm schedule to have the procedure a week from today. A little nervous about it - I've never had a general anesthesia, and it sounds like the procedure being 6 hours is right near the limits of how long before the risks of anesthesia start climbing.

Replies

• tinabobeena1981
    tinabobeena1981 Posts: 79 Member
    It sounds like everything went well with the surgery though? Did it take the full 6 hours? How are you feeling today?
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Good luck with your recovery. Remember to be patient and follow the Dr's orders. My husband is looking at having this done so hopefully you will share some pictures. I had a Tummy tuck and muscle repair done on 1/15/20. So I'm 6 weeks post op. Recovery really isn't too bad it just takes patience. It's hard to not workout, it was harder to be back in "fat" clothes because of swelling. After 70+lbs lost I just wanted to be out of those....I am back out of my "fat" clothes and so happy with my results! It's so exciting to be rid of that excess skin! CONGRATULATIONS
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Take care. Thinking of you. Get some rest.
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    How’re things going for you? Very interested in finding out how it goes as I feel I may be going on a similar route early next year.
  • sirjamerie
    sirjamerie Posts: 40 Member
    The scars are pretty noticeable for the sides and back. They're better than they were initially, and it should be a year or more before they finish getting better, but there's no denying the backside scars are there.

In my personal experience, scars will keep improving and changing even after having them for 6 years. My scar isnt from skin surgery but iw was super deep, through the bone deep, on my leg. It keeps shrinking, thinning and changing into better skin all the time. So there's hope!
    I didn't do anything specific like scar treatment. I put some body lotion on it once in a while and when it's tight I put handcream on there since I usually have it wherever I go.

I'm hoping the recovery is almost done
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    sirjamerie wrote: »
    The scars are pretty noticeable for the sides and back. They're better than they were initially, and it should be a year or more before they finish getting better, but there's no denying the backside scars are there.

In my personal experience, scars will keep improving and changing even after having them for 6 years. My scar isnt from skin surgery but iw was super deep, through the bone deep, on my leg. It keeps shrinking, thinning and changing into better skin all the time. So there's hope!
    I didn't do anything specific like scar treatment. I put some body lotion on it once in a while and when it's tight I put handcream on there since I usually have it wherever I go.

I'm hoping the recovery is almost done

I've had other scars but since I got them when I was six and eight, I don't really recall the progress of their change in size and color, which would probably be some of the best insight into my own scars.

Like scars healing, I've been told things like the bloating will continue in the are for six months to a year. I definitely still have that. I still get stick in spots. The skin in my abdomen seem to keep regaining sensation - I noticed just this week that the skin above my belly button and around the sides has sensation comparable to the rest of my torso. Not sure if I'll have a permanently less sensitive patch about 1 inch from each side of the belly button from beneath the belly button to the scar - not horrendous just odd.