Iamthekateanator Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @harper16 thank you!
  • Joedina509
    Joedina509 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    kbwaits wrote: »
    Me too please! :)

Kathleen love the honesty in your post. It is work just take one meal and day at a time. Best advice would be plan plan plan. When you don’t thAt when you binge or make a bad choice. Nice to meet you. DIna in michigan

Okay since Joedina509 liked all the information Caroljaye1217 put out there - here is my TMI information too! I am also adding how I am trying to lose the weight/what program I am using or in my case, adjusting. Anyone else want to lay out how they are working to lose the weight? (yeah it's work!)

I am going on a girls beach trip in June so that is incentive enough. My friends are skinny-minnies like I used to be, but my main reason is this is the most I have ever weighed in my life. Due to injuries from a fall, I am not able to walk very far, or well - so I have to try to find alternative ways to work off the calories. I also have balance problems that is one of the reason I do aqua therapy for PT.

I am trying to do the life style meal changes from the Kaiser Permanente Transforme Program. 2 shakes, 2 bars and a meal. (using the ones they use in the program Premier, Atkins,Premium) Met with the Kaiser diet/nutritionist as well to get ideas on snacks and meals that would be within the ranges set. She said that plan is not sustainable and sometimes we don't eat enough calories when trying to lose weight... so she said to add a snack and use this app. I am trying to combine the adjusted program with the daily nutritional guides on here. Oh boy, so far it is working I think because I have lost 10 lbs :o

Ohhh and adding in using the Body Groove DVDs (once I can get my DVD player to work) SO dancing around (as best I can) for 10 minutes at a time. I can't walk for exercise due to being disabled and not walking too well.

Starting weight? 219
    March1 starting weight
    April
    May 1 final weigh in

Anyone else want to lay out how they are working to lose the weight? (yeah it's work!)

Kathleen

• Joedina509
    Options
    I work out at a gym that offers group classes I have been working out for almost a year. since the start of working out I have lost 12 pounds. I feel better and I can work out with the class and not be embarrassed Anymore. I spin and do kick box my two favorites and they have sculpt which is weights. Currently have shoulder issue so no weights right now. To be honest not a huge fan of the weights like the other classes better. Need to order a dress for my daughter number two wedding hence the goal for May 1. My dr wants me to be at goal weight of 160 I am 5 ft2 this would be a safe BMI. I live in michigan I am married. I love to eat! Introduce your self! DIna
  • leigh33ca
    leigh33ca Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in for this.

March1 starting weight
    April
    May 1 final weigh in
  • Joedina509
    Options
    I'm in! How will I make sure I find this post again to weigh in and see other peoples progress? Is there any other parts to the challenge? We are just doing whatever we are doing to try to lose weight and publicly checking in with eachother for those 60 days? Who's gonna slap me when I want to quit? 😉😂
    I wrote you back so it be in your feed! Not into slapping but would love have you come back! 🙃
    DIna
  • TarynF226
    TarynF226 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. Just have to remember this is here somehow.

Here's my overshare I guess. I'm using an old scale not a digital so I don't know how well weekly weighing is gonna work with slow weight loss. (I'm pretty much guessing my weight - it's maybe 184-187 so I'll say an optomistic 185lbs for my starting weight in a few more days🙈) Aiming for -5lbs per month I guess. Anything more than that is a much loved bonus.

I'm new here at MFP just joined this week so I'm getting used to the calorie counting. I'm hoping having a measurable accountability will help me eat smaller portions and less snacks.
    I'm simultaneously trying to get in better shape. I've been going on more frequent longer walks and adding in shorts bursts of jogging as I go (I want to be able to run a 5k - like actually run not jog. The weather is crap and not helping this endevour). Trying to increase sit ups and pushups and general activeness. So far that's going better than the weight loss so that's why I joined up here to help.

March1 starting weight 185lbs
  • mamabearangie
    mamabearangie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm joining!
    My info: I'm a 49-year-old married mom. I work from home. I'm not new here but back after a long slacking-off period. Please friend me and kick my butt! I need to stay motivated! I have a bunch to lose. I'm in the 320s right now. I do strength training and walking. I use the MFP food diary like a maniac, trying to stay under 1500 cals and healthy, clean eating. In the next 60 days I'm setting a goal to lose 15-20 lbs. It would be marvelous to get out of the 300s.

March 1 starting weight
    April
    May 1 final weigh in
  • Joedina509
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm joining!
    My info: I'm a 49-year-old married mom. I work from home. I'm not new here but back after a long slacking-off period. Please friend me and kick my butt! I need to stay motivated! I have a bunch to lose. I'm in the 320s right now. I do strength training and walking. I use the MFP food diary like a maniac, trying to stay under 1500 cals and healthy, clean eating. In the next 60 days I'm setting a goal to lose 15-20 lbs. It would be marvelous to get out of the 300s.

March 1 starting weight
    April
    May 1 final weigh in

Hello glad your here! Post often!!!i love this part of it!
  • Joedina509
    Options
    Hi Taryn I have love hate relationship with running keep up the hard work! Glad your here! DIna
    TarynF226 wrote: »
    I'm interested. Just have to remember this is here somehow.

Here's my overshare I guess. I'm using an old scale not a digital so I don't know how well weekly weighing is gonna work with slow weight loss. (I'm pretty much guessing my weight - it's maybe 184-187 so I'll say an optomistic 185lbs for my starting weight in a few more days🙈) Aiming for -5lbs per month I guess. Anything more than that is a much loved bonus.

I'm new here at MFP just joined this week so I'm getting used to the calorie counting. I'm hoping having a measurable accountability will help me eat smaller portions and less snacks.
    I'm simultaneously trying to get in better shape. I've been going on more frequent longer walks and adding in shorts bursts of jogging as I go (I want to be able to run a 5k - like actually run not jog. The weather is crap and not helping this endevour). Trying to increase sit ups and pushups and general activeness. So far that's going better than the weight loss so that's why I joined up here to help.

March1 starting weight 185lbs

• JulieTCasper
    JulieTCasper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What the heck! In person motivation is not working, perhaps online will help? Work schedules have gotten crazy so my lunch buddy and I haven't been able to get to the gym together hardly ever for a long time. I need to get motivated like she is an go even when we can't go together. Also having troubles where the husband and I don't have same nutritional or exercise needs. He's wanting to start again too! We did it once and let it lapse. Food is so addictive!
  • Iamthekateanator
    Iamthekateanator Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My digital scale played a cruel trick on me this morning and I though I'd lost weight..honestly I hate how I can get a little obsessive about calories and macros and scales! It feels like my natural tendency is anxiousness. If I am "on the wagon" I can worry about those things too much and sometimes it's been a main contributor to why I jumped off the wagon. Does anyone have any tips to help me deal with this all or nothing obsessive type behavior?
  • trfranks1
    trfranks1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im in
  • Babygirl_6916
    Babygirl_6916 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in starting weight Feb 28 177
    goal weight 150

March 7
    March 14
    March 21
    March 28
    March loss

April 4
    April 11
    April 18
    April 25
    April loss

Total loss
  • Joedina509
    Options
    Hi Kate glad your here. As for your journey no walks in your shoes. So just take one day at a time! DIna
    I am in! This is my first challenge here, so I hope I am doing it right (please let me know if I am not). I am working towards bariatric surgery this summer (please hold your negative opinions or horror stories) and am working on losing my pre-surgery weight. I love the idea of having a group to check in with! I need to get down to 355lbs, I am currently at 385.

March1 starting weight
    April
    May 1 final weigh in

• Joedina509
    Options
    Julie I hear you on husband being on different track. We (my hubby and I) had a come to Jesus last week. For my health and a dress I need to order I needed his support not sabotage. on the gym buddy that’s nice you have one but I do see how take would be hard when they say no gym today. Glad you are here! DIna
    What the heck! In person motivation is not working, perhaps online will help? Work schedules have gotten crazy so my lunch buddy and I haven't been able to get to the gym together hardly ever for a long time. I need to get motivated like she is an go even when we can't go together. Also having troubles where the husband and I don't have same nutritional or exercise needs. He's wanting to start again too! We did it once and let it lapse. Food is so addictive!

• NicoleinVegas
    NicoleinVegas Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in

Ultimate Goal weight 140-145
    Goal Weight by May 1 - 160

March 1 (Starting Weight)
    March 8
    March 15
    March 22
    March 29
    April 1