Hi 👋

Options
I’ve been using MFP off and on since the start of December. I have always been pretty active but in the last couple years I lost a parent and broke my foot and turned into a couch potato. I have gained like 80 lbs and my muscles have withered away. Two months ago I saw a photo of myself that put me in check. I have a strong family history of diabetes and obesity and I have never wanted to join that club. I’m definitely obese at this point but I’m putting a pin in it before I start developing those inevitable medical conditions. I have lost about 13 lbs since December just from working on my diet. I also enrolled in school to get a degree in occupational science. It will teach me nutrition, personal training, corrective exercises, etc. I am so adamant about breaking this unhealthy cycle in my family that I’m completely changing my lifestyle and career and hopefully my future. In February I started getting back into exercise. I’ve been learning more about nutrition and exercise and would love to connect with others who are also very interested in the science behind being healthy. There are literally zero people in my life who eat well and exercise regularly.

Replies

• thb309
    thb309 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi RG✌🏾
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    RGILLESP1 wrote: »
    I’ve been using MFP off and on since the start of December. I have always been pretty active but in the last couple years I lost a parent and broke my foot and turned into a couch potato. I have gained like 80 lbs and my muscles have withered away. Two months ago I saw a photo of myself that put me in check. I have a strong family history of diabetes and obesity and I have never wanted to join that club. I’m definitely obese at this point but I’m putting a pin in it before I start developing those inevitable medical conditions. I have lost about 13 lbs since December just from working on my diet. I also enrolled in school to get a degree in occupational science. It will teach me nutrition, personal training, corrective exercises, etc. I am so adamant about breaking this unhealthy cycle in my family that I’m completely changing my lifestyle and career and hopefully my future. In February I started getting back into exercise. I’ve been learning more about nutrition and exercise and would love to connect with others who are also very interested in the science behind being healthy. There are literally zero people in my life who eat well and exercise regularly.

" I also enrolled in school to get a degree in occupational science. " that got me going. I think its good idea to join some course..am saying this for myself .so i am well aware. Instead of checking everytime i eat. Thanks
  • RGILLESP1
    RGILLESP1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    RGILLESP1 wrote: »

" I also enrolled in school to get a degree in occupational science. " that got me going. I think its good idea to join some course..am saying this for myself .so i am well aware. Instead of checking everytime i eat. Thanks

Yeah! I’m finding that it’s much easier to eat healthy when I understand the science behind the energy provided by different foods.

• RGILLESP1
    RGILLESP1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thb309 wrote: »
    Hi RG✌🏾

Hello! Approved your request and read your message. Sounds like we’re in a similar place with the weight loss. And I agree with you about not “dieting.” Making healthy food choices is what it’s all about. The weight will even itself out in time if we just keep making good food choices. 😃