Bob Greene's Best Life Diet

Options
Hello, i was just wondering if anyone had tried this approach? i've been researching diets and healthy living books, and this one stood out to me for it's gradual approach and emphasis on lifestyle change. before i run out and buy it, does anyone know if it is worth the money? i'm looking for something i can ease myself into. i'm not looking for the quick fix, but a guide for making realistic and acheivable changes. thanks!

Replies

• leafylee
    leafylee Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello, i was just wondering if anyone had tried this approach? i've been researching diets and healthy living books, and this one stood out to me for it's gradual approach and emphasis on lifestyle change. before i run out and buy it, does anyone know if it is worth the money? i'm looking for something i can ease myself into. i'm not looking for the quick fix, but a guide for making realistic and acheivable changes. thanks!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the book but since I've been eating healthier I've noticed the "The Best Life" logo on a lot of the products I buy. :flowerforyou:
  • rwalden628
    Options
    I have the book (you can probably get it online used for less than $10)... I think it has some good ideas in it but I was also impressed with Jillian Michael's book... Losing to Win or something like that. She gives all the info on how to determine how many calories you naturally burn and then how many you must burn to lose the weight you want to each week. Also, great exercise plan with pictures.

I've tried everything under the sun and at the end of the day the ONLY thing that works is eating less calories than you burn. Period.

Invest in a Heart Rate Monitor so you can see exactly how many calories you burn when you exercise. You will fall in love with it after the first week. I don't exercise without it. I cannot give it enough praise! LOL :heart: :heart: :heart:

86075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the book but since I've been eating healthier I've noticed the "The Best Life" logo on a lot of the products I buy. :flowerforyou:

I own the book, haven't finished it yet :blushing: but, I too have been seeing the logo on the stuff I'm now eating.:happy:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I bought the book and then gave it away. The foods in the recipes were too expensive for me and werent anything I could get my child to eat. I like Jillian too but have also found that it really is a simple math equation...eat less calories than you burn. You have to create a calorie deficit of about 3500# to lose a pound.

the best thing that has ever made this goal of mine acheivable and sustainable is the food journal on this website.

I've just slowly started replacing unhealthy stuff with healthy stuff, a little at a time, journaling religiously and also educating myself on fitness and nutrition.

Good luck!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i got it from the libary and it kept refering me to the website. which costs money. check it out from the libary first to see if it's something you will like.