Motivational Podcasts

Options
SisterSueGetsFit
SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
edited February 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I’m sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but... I’m looking for some motivational podcasts; weight related or not.

I’m lucky enough to have a gym at work and like to walk on my lunch break but I’m sick of listening to the same music. Also looking for just a bit motivation to “keep at it,” and further and all around more positive attitude.

Also, not to be dim, but how do I get a podcast on my phone? Is there a particular app?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    I like "The Science of Happiness", "The James Smith Podcast" and also "Myths and Legends" which is more for interesting distraction than motivation but I like it for running and walking.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    To get a podcast on your phone depends on what operating system you have. If it is Apple (IOS) then you have a little purple icon for podcasts. 0wofnphdh8o3.png
    If you open it you can browse for the podcast you want then on the right hand side you can download or you can play live. I like We Only Look Thin. I've also heard alot of people recommend Phit or Phat and Half Size Me. If you are on a Samsung phone perhaps someone here can guide you on that system.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    To get a podcast on your phone depends on what operating system you have. If it is Apple (IOS) then you have a little purple icon for podcasts. 0wofnphdh8o3.png
    If you open it you can browse for the podcast you want then on the right hand side you can download or you can play live. I like We Only Look Thin. I've also heard alot of people recommend Phit or Phat and Half Size Me. If you are on a Samsung phone perhaps someone here can guide you on that system.

Thank you! I figured out the podcast app from Apple and started listening to “We only look thin” on my way to work.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    It's not a podcast, but I liked the book "Unfu*k Yourself." I got the audiobook through my library for free, read by the author. Gary John Bishop. He has a lot of other content on youtube and such.

Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life
    by Audible, Inc. (US)
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0731QJ482/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Zz9vEbYFTARJP
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I knew there had to be one. 😅 Thank you!
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My two favorites are “We Only Look Thin” and “Half Size Me.”

We Only Look Thin is a couple in their 40s - she lost 150 pounds and he lost 100 pounds. They did it through small sustainable habit changes and walking - neither joined a gym. They are funny and smart and give great advice and the podcasts are really fun to listen to.

Half Size Me is a woman who lost 170 pounds and now does weight loss coaching. Podcasts are a combo of her doing coaching calls and interviewing people who have successfully lost weight. I think her advice is so smart and practical. All about not depriving yourself and making weight loss work with your life, not changing your life.

They both are regulars for me.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    My two favorites are “We Only Look Thin” and “Half Size Me.”

We Only Look Thin is a couple in their 40s - she lost 150 pounds and he lost 100 pounds. They did it through small sustainable habit changes and walking - neither joined a gym. They are funny and smart and give great advice and the podcasts are really fun to listen to.

Half Size Me is a woman who lost 170 pounds and now does weight loss coaching. Podcasts are a combo of her doing coaching calls and interviewing people who have successfully lost weight. I think her advice is so smart and practical. All about not depriving yourself and making weight loss work with your life, not changing your life.

They both are regulars for me.

Thanks! I just started “ We only look thin” today! So far I’m liking it!

• xxdavid009xx
    xxdavid009xx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Podcasts
    My favourite is Robin Sharma Mastery Sessions
    Also great Meditation Minis with Chel Hamilton.
    Both discuss motivational or feel-better topics.