Maintain not gain?

Options
Does anyone else worry about stressing and obsessing about maintaining their target weight? At 5 ft, just a couple of pounds can be noticeable. I have reached my target of 125lb having lost 14lb in 3 months. Any tips on how to "maintain not gain" would be much appreciated!

Replies

• lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When i get to my goal weight i am going to slowly introduce more foods into my diet that i have been missing, obviously keeping an eye on my diet still and keep excercising regularly. Have a weekly weigh in, that way you will know where your at and can change things if you need to. Instead of letting the weight creep back on.

Hope this helps.

lottywood :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am at maintenance now, which so far is working!

When i was about 4 pounds from my goal weight i changed my predicted loss from 1lb to 1/2lb. this changed my cals from 1200 to 1380. i then stayed at 1380 untill i was at my goal weight, and then a couple of weeks after that. Since then i have been upping my cals every couple of weeks, first to 1500, and i am currently on 1600. MFP has my maintenance rate at 1620, so next week i am going to up to 1700, and see what happens, as a lot of people on here have suggested that MFPs maintenance is a very low estimate.

Changing your mindset from wanting to see a loss on the scales to wanting it to be the same is VERY weird, but now i just love that i can eat so much more!! of all the good stuff of course - most of the time!!
  • Munched
    Munched Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!