Options
13»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    aaezctc297mi.jpg

B)

You had me in the first half, I'm not gonna lie . . .
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We go through our saved stuff on Pinterest every weekend and decide what we're making for dinner and do our shopping for items we need for those along with any staples we are low on and usually do our shopping on Sunday. Our haul is always different depending on what we're planning for the week. For this week:

Monday: Grilled beef tenderloin filet w/sauteed brussels sprouts and bacon
    Tuesday: Oven baked teriyaki sockeye salmon w/roasted broccoli
    Wednesday: Stuffed bell peppers (ground beef, wild rice, caramelized onion, spinach, mushroom)
    Thursday: Buffalo style grilled boneless/skinless chicken thighs w/garden salad
    Friday: Pizza and movie night
    Saturday: Pan fried cod w/roasted asparagus
    Sunday: Chicken and orzo lemon soup/stewp

Our fisherman friend from Alaska was just here over the weekend and we bought 25 Lbs of sockeye as we do every year, so we'll be having salmon probably once per week for awhile.

We are pretty similar in planning style... this is awesome!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    aaezctc297mi.jpg

B)

You had me in the first half, I'm not gonna lie . . .

Same! I was thinking "WHAT THE ...."?!?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We go through our saved stuff on Pinterest every weekend and decide what we're making for dinner and do our shopping for items we need for those along with any staples we are low on and usually do our shopping on Sunday. Our haul is always different depending on what we're planning for the week. For this week:

Monday: Grilled beef tenderloin filet w/sauteed brussels sprouts and bacon
    Tuesday: Oven baked teriyaki sockeye salmon w/roasted broccoli
    Wednesday: Stuffed bell peppers (ground beef, wild rice, caramelized onion, spinach, mushroom)
    Thursday: Buffalo style grilled boneless/skinless chicken thighs w/garden salad
    Friday: Pizza and movie night
    Saturday: Pan fried cod w/roasted asparagus
    Sunday: Chicken and orzo lemon soup/stewp

Our fisherman friend from Alaska was just here over the weekend and we bought 25 Lbs of sockeye as we do every year, so we'll be having salmon probably once per week for awhile.

Lucky you having a fisherman buddy bringing you a salmon haul!!!

And why doesn't my pinterest menu look anything like yours? :) Mine would mostly revolve around peanut butter bars, donuts, *maybe* pizza, and cookies. :/
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    aaezctc297mi.jpg

B)
    aaezctc297mi.jpg

B)

Lmao butter sadness exactly!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Every week looks about the same:

6-7 individual protein bars I'm interested in (when I've tried all I'm interested in, I'm going to order boxes of my favorites)
    A bag of frozen chicken breasts/tilapia/what's on sale
    a big clamshell of spring mix
    7 apples or pears, whichever's cheaper
    3-4 bananas
    14 bags/boxes of microwavable vegetables
    a loaf of 647 bread (40 calories a piece!)
    a dozen eggs
    vanilla soy milk

And then every so often:
    a jar of chunky peanut butter (the kind with just salt added)
    a jug of syntha-6 vanilla milkshake protein powder

And that's just for me. (I'm on a weird shift where I don't get to eat any meal with my family except on the weekends. :(

For the family each week:
    A half gallon of milk
    protein that's on sale (favorites: chicken thighs and ground turkey)
    7 bags frozen vegetables (whatever's on sale)
    potatoes/pasta/rice depending on how much of what we have in the pantry currently
    bag o' grapes/apples/pears/bananas (if on sale)
    tomatoes/avocados/cabbage/carrots (if on sale)
    coffee
    pistachios/cashews/peanuts (if they're on sale)
    cheese of some kind
    dr. zipp or dr. thunder or dr. whatever is generic dr. pepper
    mango orange juice
    a box of cereal
    cheez its/applesauce/popcorn (kid's choice)
    various sauces depending on the menu I have planned
    box o' frozen breakfast sandwiches

And I keep a pretty well-stocked pantry, so usually that's good for minimal. I add on things that are on sale that I'll want later.

I cannot wait to get off this shift and start cooking and eating with them again. Cooking for myself and for them before I leave for work and stowing it in the fridge is for the birds. But it is great for diet compliance.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    I’m playing around with the idea of making my Doritos salad with quest taco flavor chips or nacho, that’s a favorite meal of mine and I just learned about quest chips yet to try but think it would be perfect
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I’m playing around with the idea of making my Doritos salad with quest taco flavor chips or nacho, that’s a favorite meal of mine and I just learned about quest chips yet to try but think it would be perfect

The Loaded Taco ones are super tasty!
  • JaneAero
    JaneAero Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Today I bought chicken breasts, asparagus, mushrooms, green pesto.. reduced, for tomorrow night's dinner... No idea what I'm making yet
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

They are my favorites, but I think they'd get soggy super fast in a taco salad.
  • angelexperiment
    Options

They are my favorites, but I think they'd get soggy super fast in a taco salad.

You don’t add chips til the last and lightly tos then eat straight away
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    So here’s how the pad Thai and sriracha tofu turned out
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My most recent grocery list for the week soon ending:

TJ's healthy 8 chopped veg
    variety of lettuce/spinach/greens
    cherry tomatoes
    cucumber
    mushrooms
    onion/red onion
    green onions
    eggplant
    bell pepper
    sweet potato
    avocado
    1 lime
    frozen spinach
    fresh parsley & cilantro
    kiwis
    mandarins
    frozen spinach
    frozen broccoli
    eggs
    buttermilk
    milk
    feta cheese
    deli turkey
    ground beef
    TJ's instant coffee with cream and sugar
    TJ's popcorn

I already have spices, condiments, rice, bread, pasta, canned tomatoes/tuna/beans, frozen chicken & salmon and a lot of other stuff at home.

I have eggs, toast and veg (pepper, onion, mushroom) for breakfast; or oatmeal

Every day lunch is big greens and veg salad with beans & tuna or tky or cheese for lunch with homemade avocado herb dressing.

Dinners are cajun chicken pasta, veg/rice/egg stirfry, chili mac, white chicken chili, glazed eggplant & rice, salmon with sweet potato & broccoli.

Snacks were fruit, yogurt (which I made from the milk I bought), coffee, popcorn

• angelexperiment
    Options
    Here’s this weeks foods, and my complete list for this week but I had half of it already, my meals

Breakfast: almond butter and raspberry chia pudding,tahini bagels, noatmeal, rise n shine smoothie, basic chia pudding , golden chai protein smoothie

Lunch: tahini bagel, creamy cauliflower soup, miracle noodles pad Thai, hemp seed nuggets, chili tofu/creamy cauliflower soup, warm kale salad

Dinner: creamy cauliflower soup, zucchini Alfredo, pad Thai/ chili tofu, hemp nuggets, chili tofu, zucchini Alfredo/ warm kale salad, buffalo jackfruit tacos

Snacks 1/4 c pecans, celery w mustard vinaigrette, easy pb protein bars
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a cold and probably a tummy bug. Just dragged myself to the supermarket as the planned salmon with avocado and mango doesn't seem such a good idea today. Bought a baguette, tin of chicken soup, a pack of coke zero, mint tea, a small pack of tiramisu and wafer bars.