Can you still have a flat tummy eating carbs and sodium

Options
On a day for my breakfast i eat oatmeal and banana for snacks a granola bar or coffee and for lunch i usually have penne pasta with meatballs sometimes with no use of oil in the pasta mostly a lot of seasoning. I also sometimes have yellow rice for lunch with tilapia fillet and some avacado some days. For dinner i usually have a yogurt or mango or sometimes a salad or a lean pocket. Is my diet healthy ? I feel like usually i do intake a lot of carbs and sodium because i love seasoned food i hate bland food. And also i love to have some sort of carbs for lunch because it fills me up. A lot of people hate carbs and sodium what do you guys think?

Replies

• Ashlove5
    Ashlove5 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Carbs and sodium are fine, and won't stop you from getting a flat stomach. Dieting is more about calories in and calories out. How many calories are you eating?
    1,400 to loose up to 2 pounds a week plus i also workout

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Ashlove5 wrote: »
    Carbs and sodium are fine, and won't stop you from getting a flat stomach. Dieting is more about calories in and calories out. How many calories are you eating?

What weight are you starting at? 2 pounds a week generally isn't recommended unless you have at least 60-75 to lose.
  • Ashlove5
    Ashlove5 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »

What weight are you starting at? 2 pounds a week generally isn't recommended unless you have at least 60-75 to lose.
    I am 196 now , tryna be down to 145

• whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I can, but I have a naturally flat stomach. My backside is another story...
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »

I'd say even further--- 75+ lbs to lose=2lbs/week
    Here is a great guideline for setting weekly weight loss goals:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

So OP should be at 1.5 lbs/week. Also, OP, you said 1,400 plus workout? Remember that 1,400 is Net. If you work out, you eat more.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat 200+ grams of carbs every day plus plenty of salt and other seasonings, and I have a pretty flat stomach, so yea, it’s entirely possible. CARBS ARE NOT THE DEVIL!