Any MFPals 300+?

Options
Hey gang!

I'm 30 and currently at about 320 - :#:# with my ultimate goal of about 175. I was in a gnarly MVA in Dec 2018 and spent 14 weeks in the hospital and didn't walk until last September. I basically shattered my left leg and my right ankle was dislocated so far inward that my ankle broke thru my skin on the outside.

SO thanks to 2 busted ankles, 300+ pounds is not ideal (not that it is anyway). I'm getting married June 2021 so I have 2 very big reasons to get my head back into the game. I used MFP religiously in college and lost 48lbs then graduated and life happened.

Looking for MFPals that want to help keep each other motivated and accountable. Swap stories, recipes, and life in general. I like to get to know my pals! :*

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    There’s the 200+ thread and lots of motivational people there it is let’s stay motivated February
  • LaurasaurusF
    LaurasaurusF Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a positive step you are taking in your health journey! That sounds like an absolutely horrible accident you were in! 😩 Make sure you take time to appreciate how amazing your body is for healing through all of that in meditation or prayer. You've got this!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You might want to check out this group too:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • jeslz
    jeslz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was 145kg (320 pounds) prior to my WLS last October. I’m currently about 117.5 (260 pounds). It’s been a big adjustment but it definitely needed to happen.

I’ll be getting married soon too (been engaged for ages but haven’t booked anything haha). Feel free to add me!