Am i the only one here....

Options
2»

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not alone! I don't eat clean - I try to eat more natural foods than I used to but still have some processed/packed foods on a regular basis (Idahoan potatoes - YUM!). Makes life easier!! I eat chocolate almost daily and "gasp" don't even track my sugar! I also eat pizza and wings, chinese and thai food on a regular basis! When I used to try to eliminate my favorite foods in the name of losing weight, I'd be miserable and give up. I'd rather eat what I like and workout a little extra to burn the calories instead. Makes me a much happier chick! Oh, and yes, I smoke too.

As far as fruits and veggies go - not so sure people recommend them because they help you lose weight but because they're good for you and part of a balanced diet. But if you don't like them, I don't see a need to choke them down just because someone else says to. I'm not a huge fan of veggies and pretty much only eat broccoli, green beans and the occasional salad.
  • georgiag111
    Options
    ...who doesn't "eat clean"? - DEPENDS ..

...who doesn't like veg? hate fruits too !!

...who still eats chocolate, only now in moderation?

...who eats chicken legs?

...who doesn't obsess over drinking water?

...who's eating habits havent changed that much, just now in moderation?

...who gets annoyed when people say eat lots of fruit and veg, as if its the only way to lose weight?

..,who does all the above, and yet still loses weight, and feels they could do it forever?

These are me !
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I imagine people look at my food diary and get angry. I've done limitation diets and they just don't work for me. What? I can't have ANY bread? Yeah, just not me. BUT, I'm happy to have it only one meal a day or find a slightly healthier alternative to Grandma Sycamores white bread (ok, that's a lie, I still have that at home, but I also have a toddler who is in her SEVERELY PICKY stage). I count calories, I try to make better choices, but it's all about learning what works best for you. and at this time. you might find that more changes/tweaks are necessary to keep you losing, but yeah, I don't eat many veggies, I'm still alive ;)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I just dont want to "diet", eat all the right stuff, lose weight, only to put it back on again when i return to "normal".

I dieted for 40 years, and 10 years ago, was back up to 320 pounds. About six months ago, I finally changed my lifestyle and now eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and very little packaged and processed foods. Two months ago, I started exercising regularly for the first time in 45 years. I don't consider what I am doing now as a diet, but is now the new "normal". Hopefully it won't take you 40 years to realize this, as well as all the bad health issues that go with it.

By the way, I quit alcohol 26 years ago, smoking 20 years ago and chewing tobacco 15 years ago. Don’t miss any of it and am a lot healthier.
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I believe in MOST things in moderation but the simple fact is if you're not nourishing your body then there could be trouble brewing down the road...I know plenty of skinny "fat" people so to speak. I have always been a big girl but I love healthy foods...my problem is the moderation bit :)
  • Lsqueezy
    Options
    Add in that you also like to drink and we could be twins.
    I'm definitely trying the moderation approach and I know the more weight I lose the more I will be motivated to quit smoking and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love smoking and I am in great shape. But that is just me I guess. Do whatever works for you. :smile:
  • amybus
    amybus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ...who doesn't "eat clean"? .........CHECK

...who doesn't like veg? ...............CHECK

...who doesnt like wholegrain? ...................CHECK

...who still eats chocolate, only now in moderation? ............................CHECK

...who eats chicken legs? .........................CHECK..and lots of red meat

...who smokes? ..........................CHECK

...who doesn't obsess over drinking water?.......................CHECK

...who's eating habits havent changed that much, just now in moderation? ..........................CHECK

...who doesn't eat breakfast, and doesn't feel bad about it? ............................CHECK

...who gets annoyed when people say eat lots of fruit and veg, as if its the only way to lose weight? .....................CHECK

Oh and I really like Beer :)
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    I like chocolate & alcohol & ice-cream. I just don't eat as much of them as I used to. I can't eat "clean" as for four days of the week I'm away from home & have to eat canteen food - there are no nearby shops. I do however like fruit & veg and try to eat as much of them as is possible. I also take vitamin supplements because I know I'm not getting enough calcium and other minerals.
    I appreciate that it's a whole lifestyle change I'm making here, for me it has always been about controlling how much I'm eating & avoiding the quick snack high calorie options. I'm sure I don't lose weight as fast as others may, but last time I looked this wasn't a race & I'd rather get the weight off in a controlled healthy manner and keep it off!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You are not alone :bigsmile:

My diet has only changed insofar as I am now painfully aware how much I was eating before, so I'm eating more of the yummy low-cal foods that I've always loved...only ate too much of.

I do like veg, but couldn't eat just a whole plate of steamed veg and nothing else.:sick: And I absolutely HATE the taste of wholegrain pasta and bread and brown rice. Not a great fan of museli and granola, seeds and smoothies :sick:

I eat moderately "clean"; we buy and cook fresh meat and veg, but I also buy pre-breaded fish fillets, coleslaw, potato croquettes, etc and use tinned soup, tomatoes, sweetcorn. What I never eat is so-called light-option ready meals or any ready meals, apart from the odd curry, but even haven't had one since MFP. :smile:

I don't smoke, but my husband does and I'm not going to stop him. I used to smoke socially and still smoke the odd *kitten*.. about 5 a year! :smokin:

I still drink and don't see the point in denying myself a few jars at the weekend when I'm out with our friends. :drinker:

However what I am doing is getting some exercise... going out on my bike, walking between stations and have just bought some dumbbells and an HRM as I'm going to start doing a few exercise routines on the days when I can't get out and about.

I'm losing weight and feeling great... but I'm doing it on my terms, because trying to follow any other plan has resulted in abject failure. :happy:
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ...who doesn't "eat clean"?

...who doesn't like veg?

...who doesnt like wholegrain?

...who still eats chocolate, only now in moderation?

...who eats chicken legs?

...who smokes?

...who doesn't obsess over drinking water?

...who's eating habits havent changed that much, just now in moderation?

...who doesn't eat breakfast, and doesn't feel bad about it?

...who gets annoyed when people say eat lots of fruit and veg, as if its the only way to lose weight?

..,who does all the above, and yet still loses weight, and feels they could do it forever?

Ahhh sadly I answered yes to about 90% of this.....let's be frineds :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    im the same way
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    guilty as charged

but minus the smoking

and I do try to eat more veggies.....

but I Did eat pizza for breakfast today

and it was Gooood :drinker:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Most of them except smoking. I don't smoke. It doesn't look good at me. But I curse like a sailor and eat ice cream and chocolate and would give my left tit for a milkshake right now.
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    Flog yourself. Immediately. ;)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

I'd much rather you do it for me. Meow.
  • FitnessElle
    Options

I'd much rather you do it for me. Meow.

Let's do this, mama. :p
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken legs (cheaper than the breast) and I eat ice cream every night

I have a bladder problem so I need to drink a lot of water or face the ouchy embarrassing consequences and I just love fruit and veg always have. I drink sugar filled juice and I sometimes miss breakfast when im in a hurry.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Well, it's very reassuring to know that im not the only one who isnt doing this "by the book"!

At least i know my exercise isn't taking hit...im averaging 5-6k calorie burn a week atm :D