Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey, who's the cute little guy in your pic? :wink: :laugh:
    lil buddy a mine :tongue:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    We all have the means to bestow on others the most lavish gifts; love, joy, peace, hope, kindness, acceptance, encouragement, laughter, forgiveness, time. There is not enough money to buy them and not too little money to give them. The more you spend, the wealthier you become; yet nothing will cost you more than what you freely possess to give.
    -Eden Eliot
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    We all have the means to bestow on others the most lavish gifts; love, joy, peace, hope, kindness, acceptance, encouragement, laughter, forgiveness, time. There is not enough money to buy them and not too little money to give them. The more you spend, the wealthier you become; yet nothing will cost you more than what you freely possess to give.
    -Eden Eliot
    :flowerforyou: Beautiful
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Not to forgive is to be imprisoned by the past, by old grievances that do not permit life to proceed with new business. Not to forgive is to yield oneself to another's control... to be locked into a sequence of act and response, of outrage and revenge, tit for tat, escalating always. The present is endlessly overwhelmed and devoured by the past. Forgiveness frees the forgiver. It extracts the forgiver from someone else's nightmare." - Lance Morrow
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    "Not to forgive is to be imprisoned by the past, by old grievances that do not permit life to proceed with new business. Not to forgive is to yield oneself to another's control... to be locked into a sequence of act and response, of outrage and revenge, tit for tat, escalating always. The present is endlessly overwhelmed and devoured by the past. Forgiveness frees the forgiver. It extracts the forgiver from someone else's nightmare." - Lance Morrow

Yes, exactly! :smile:

:heart: :flowerforyou: :smile: :heart:

- Why do you think they call it "re-act"? -
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Indeed...btw...Your cat is scaring me a bit Sun:laugh: :tongue:
  • sunflower8926
    Options

ahahaha... is that why you put your little rodent away?
    I'll try to find something less perky:smile::heart:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Wow these are all so powerful. I found out first hand what forgiveness can do for the soul When I caught my husband cheating(for the 3rd time) and took his stuff to her house and kicked him out I was seething and this went on for months I was eaten up inside with anger and it felt like I was literally on fire inside constantly. One day in church the pastor preached on this very subject and it was as if God told me I needed to forgive not for him or her but for me. I went to their house that very afternoon and both were shocked to no end but I sat down with them and told them that I forgave them both and wished them well that I needed to be happy and deserved to let go of the feelings of worthlessness, hatred, and self doubt and that they were forgiven. They looked at me like I was plum crazy but I left there feeling lighter and my stomach stopped rolling and my body relaxed and I cried like never before at the relief I felt. So the Nelson Mandela quote really touched me. Thanks to you both for this reminder. I think I have forgiven others but not really myself. Guess that's something for me to pray about.:flowerforyou: :heart:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    Uck! That's awful. I'm glad you were able to release that anger. You have undoubtably grown far more than they have.:smile::heart:
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nope! Not me, not yet. My wound is too fresh... I think I'll let it fester a bit.:mad:
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    :smile: Well, it's true that anger seems to give one an adrenelin rush of strength when needed. No emotion is useless, I guess:smile::heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

ahahaha... is that why you put your little rodent away?
    I'll try to find something less perky:smile::heart:
    bliss.gifbliss.gifbliss.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Forgiveness often isn't a one-time thing. It begins with a decision, but because memories or another set of words or actions may trigger old feelings, you may need to recommit to forgiveness over and over again. :flowerforyou:

Forgiveness takes away the power the other person continues to wield in your life. Through forgiveness, you choose to no longer define yourself as a victim. Forgiveness is done primarily for yourself, and less so for the person who wronged you. :flowerforyou:

ha! Boy did I ever need to find this today!:ohwell: :tongue:
    Funny isn't it how we find the things we need right when it's time! Love how that happens:blushing: :happy:

FC:heart:
  • sunflower8926
    Options
    Forgiveness often isn't a one-time thing. It begins with a decision, but because memories or another set of words or actions may trigger old feelings, you may need to recommit to forgiveness over and over again. :flowerforyou:

Forgiveness takes away the power the other person continues to wield in your life. Through forgiveness, you choose to no longer define yourself as a victim. Forgiveness is done primarily for yourself, and less so for the person who wronged you. :flowerforyou:

Funny isn't it how we find the things we need right when it's time! Love how that happens:blushing: :happy:

:heart: Love your new ticker, FC!:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

:heart: Love your new ticker, FC!:heart:
    :laugh: Thanks SF ah I changed it up a few times since this morning, needed something new I guess, cause I'm "Only Human" you know?!:wink::tongue: :blushing:

• nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Well that makes two of us - you passed it on to me today when I needed it. I now see why forgiveness takes away the power, wish I had known it before. Thank all you so much.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Well that makes two of us - you passed it on to me today when I needed it. I now see why forgiveness takes away the power, wish I had known it before. Thank all you so much.
    :flowerforyou: You're very welcome I'm glad you were able to find what you needed in it. I agree that taking the power out of others hands is pretty important in so many ways... It keeps us moving forward instead of staying stuck!:happy:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I say a perfect timing for a bump:drinker: