Celery juice

Options
Celery juice? I never knew it had calories that I had to track. I drink 14-16 oz every morning on an empty stomach.Anyone else follow this protocol for healing? I use it as a medicinal. It bugs me that I have to count the calories of it! It’s about one whole bunch juiced. No pulp, just straight juice. There’s 10grams of sugar!! I’m really trying to focus on my sugar and salt intake.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    The natural sugar from fruit, vegetables and dairy should not be a concern to you unless you have a medical issue...even then most people can have some carbohydrates.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to heal? Maybe it would be more satisfying to eat the celery. With peanut butter and chocolate chips (don't come at me with your raisins, stay away). Yum.

I recently started putting garden veggie or chive and onion cream cheese on my celery. Peanut butter and mini chocolate chips sound good too. I don’t care for raisins.

OP, I’m curious to know what the medicinal purpose is too.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to heal? Maybe it would be more satisfying to eat the celery. With peanut butter and chocolate chips (don't come at me with your raisins, stay away). Yum.

I recently started putting garden veggie or chive and onion cream cheese on my celery. Peanut butter and mini chocolate chips sound good too. I don’t care for raisins.

OP, I’m curious to know what the medicinal purpose is too.

That sounds delicious! I'm gonna have to try that. I might put bacon bits on top for a little added crunch. Hooray for no-raisin team.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I drink celery juice. I like it. If you haven’t tasted it, you would probably be surprised at how sweet it tastes. I don’t think it has many calories at all compared to the vitamins you get from it.
    When I am near a fresh juice bar that is about 15 miles from me, I nearly always stop for a couple bottles vegetable juice to add healthy vitamins quickly and easily. Works super for me, and I LIKE them!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Celery juice? I never knew it had calories that I had to track. I drink 14-16 oz every morning on an empty stomach.Anyone else follow this protocol for healing? I use it as a medicinal. It bugs me that I have to count the calories of it! It’s about one whole bunch juiced. No pulp, just straight juice. There’s 10grams of sugar!! I’m really trying to focus on my sugar and salt intake.

Anyone have any experience with this?

All foods have calories. Calories in vegetables and fruits by and large come namely from sugar. Drink it if you want to, but I don't think it's healing anything. Juicing can be a quick and easy way to get in some vegetable content and vitamins and minerals...but that's about it.
  • Kitty121964
    Kitty121964 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No more night sweats. No more hot flashes. No more seasonal allergies. And my inflammation from arthritis has reduced which equals less chronic pain. I’ve been juicing celery for a year now. Stopped twice once for 3 weeks and once for 4 (out of pure laziness) All those issues came back.
    Believe what you like, no need to be rude. I choose love 💚 and I wish peace and love to you all 😇🙏🏻💞🙌🏻
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    We had a few posts about celery juice last summer when the fad first hit but it faded quickly, not just on MFP but out in the "health" industry too. Wasn't fancy enough for the influencers I guess.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I drink a suja juice which has celery romaine etc in it it is only 40 cal and 9 g carb