Ladies! Add me if you are currently doing a mass phase! I need motivation!

2»

Replies

• Abs_magee89
    Abs_magee89 Posts: 127 Member
    Are you counting cals? It’s weird isn’t it?! I’m starting to track my measurements more often but trying to do without calorie counting as I can get a bit obsessive over it. Interested to hear your results for sunday.
    Yes! I’ve been tracking consistently for a month. I stopped doing it when I went vegan because my weight was constant and eating intuitively was so freeing. I also get obsessed. I love graphs lol. But yeah, I will definitely post when I do my stats Sunday!
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I have had some health conditions that required me to not lose weight for the past year. Not that I was doing any good at sticking to a deficit in the years before that anayway..... But during those years I worked on form and starting to lift heavier. It is going well and I believe I have put on some muscle while gaining about 10lbs in the past year. So, on to a cut. Going slow but steady so far. Come August i am guessing I will decide if I should bulk or move to recomp. Hopefully I will have cut enough to bulk a bit. So, following and lifting and eating and sleeping. Repeat.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Curious as to your stats for those eating in a bulk. What are your stats and bulking calories? I’m up to 2200 cals, 5’3’’ 23yo female. Lift 4x per week. Cardio 2-3x per week. Teach bodypump 1x per week. Getting 7kish steps per day.

Does all that sound right??
  • Abs_magee89
    alexmose wrote: »
    Curious as to your stats for those eating in a bulk. What are your stats and bulking calories? I’m up to 2200 cals, 5’3’’ 23yo female. Lift 4x per week. Cardio 2-3x per week. Teach bodypump 1x per week. Getting 7kish steps per day.

how many calories your body requires has a lot to do with how healthy your metabolism. People who have been on low cal for long periods of time have to start really slow when adding calories back. I’ve been eating maintenance for 4 years which is around 2200-2300 calories

My stats
    Height: 5’8
    Weight: 142
    Bf%: 15% (last week)
    I lift 5 days a week, walk my dog 20-30 mins a day and hiit 2 days a week.

I’m eating 2300 right now.

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    alexmose wrote: »

how many calories your body requires has a lot to do with how healthy your metabolism. People who have been on low cal for long periods of time have to start really slow when adding calories back. I’ve been eating maintenance for 4 years which is around 2200-2300 calories

My stats
    Height: 5’8
    Weight: 142
    Bf%: 15% (last week)
    I lift 5 days a week, walk my dog 20-30 mins a day and hiit 2 days a week.

I’m eating 2300 right now.

I see. I suppose I’ll add I’m 18% bf and 110lbs
  • Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    Just out of a bulk.......I was also afraid to gain. I'm lean build and afraid to gain fat instead of muscle mass.
    I did a bulk for three months and gained 7 kg.. I'm happy with the results.....still lean but stronger and more mass.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I’m so glad to find this thread. I don’t understand recomp at all.

I put on about eight pounds attending our daughter’s wedding in Germany. We were there most of December and our Airbnb was next door to an ah-mazing bakery.

All of the weight is back off now but I seem to have thinned out and muscles are very much more visible than they were even before we left.

So I’m guessing I did an accidental recomp.

I’m tired and run down. I’ve increased my calories from 2030 to 2300 for about a week now and oddly enough, find now I’m dropping weight again. It’s too early to tell for sure.

How does this whole process work? How often should I do weights? I do them twice a week right now but I also do a shite ton of mat classes (40+ a month), have started running again after a fall in early January sidelined me, and have added a backpack to my daily walks to prep for a walking tour. I’m sure I need to back off mat classes and cardio to add more weights, but I do love them.....

I am recomping too. Have you read this thread?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

You want to make sure you are maintaining your weight not losing, you might need to keep upping the cals until your weight stabilizes. It is not unusual for weight loss to continue despite raising calories due to energy increases.. moving more, better workout performance etc.

Definitely want to focus on lifting if muscle building/physique changes is your goal. Following a program with progression and adequate muscle stimulation will be most optimal.
  • Abs_magee89
    edited March 2020
    Alright, just did my body fat with calipers this morning and here are the stats:

Last week 2200 calories ( 2/23/2020): 142.2 lbs, 15.66% body fat, 119.9 lbs LBM
    This week 2300 calories (3/1/2020): 142.5lbs, 15.86% body fat, 119.9 lbs LBM

No increase in Lean body mass, .2% increase in body fat, 0.3 lbs scale weight gain.

I put on a very small amount of fat in my tricep, but I lost a bit in my thigh. I’m going to keep calories at 2300 and see what happens. I was very weak and tired yesterday. Ended up sleeping almost the whole the day (4pm to this morning). Sometimes your body just say “Nope” and you have no other choice.
  • sardelsa
    Great stuff @Abs_magee89 keep it up :)

You reminded me, I reallyyy have to take measurements. We moved out of our house last summer and I still can't find my tape measure. I should have taken the measurements a month ago when I started recomp, so now I won't get a true feel for my progress, but that's ok my main goal is to not lose, get my lifts up and visual improvements so I will continue to take pics and hope for the best!
  • Abs_magee89
    sardelsa wrote: »

You reminded me, I reallyyy have to take measurements. We moved out of our house last summer and I still can't find my tape measure. I should have taken the measurements a month ago when I started recomp, so now I won't get a true feel for my progress, but that's ok my main goal is to not lose, get my lifts up and visual improvements so I will continue to take pics and hope for the best!
    Thanks! I lost my tape measure too! Lol need to find it since I pretty much only by clothes online. But yes, the mirror and progress pics tell so much, so I haven’t been crying over it.

We plan on moving out of state by the end of this year. Where are you from? If you don’t mind me asking.
  • sardelsa

Thanks! I lost my tape measure too! Lol need to find it since I pretty much only by clothes online. But yes, the mirror and progress pics tell so much, so I haven’t been crying over it.

We plan on moving out of state by the end of this year. Where are you from? If you don’t mind me asking.

I'm from Canada actually (Toronto, Ontario). What about you?

Where do you like to buy online?
  • Abs_magee89
    Yes

I'm from Canada actually (Toronto, Ontario). What about you?

Where do you like to buy online?
    I currently live in Arizona, I grew up here since age 8. We are moving to Nevada and even though we are neighbors, it feels super far away and different lol. I’ve never been anywhere in Canada, but it seems like a beautiful place to live. I buy from gym shark, amazon, h&m and forever21 despite feeling super guilty about buying fast fashion, it’s just so damn cheap and cute. 😔

• Abs_magee89

2/23/2020: 2198 calories
    142.2 lbs, 15.66% body fat, 119.9 lbs LBM

3/1/2020 2256 calories
    142.5lbs, 15.86% body fat, 119.9 lbs LBM

*THIS WEEK* 3/8/2020 2345 calories
    144.5 lbs, 14.94% body fat, 122.9 lbs LBM

3 pound increase in Lean body mass! 1 pound decrease in fat, 2 pound gain in scale weight. What a great week! I don’t really see a huge difference yet other than my abs coming in more, but I am excited to see what happens in this next week, which is also progress pic day. Hard work does pay off!

• kimspearey
    kimspearey Posts: 19 Member
    I’m gaining, I’ll add u xxx
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Surely an increase of 3 pounds in LBM in one week is totally impossible? Even for a steroid munching man?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Surely an increase of 3 pounds in LBM in one week is totally impossible? Even for a steroid munching man?

@Pipsqueak1965

LBM isn't just muscle, it's everything that isn't fat so yes people can get large rapid changes in LBM.
    I can add 1lb of LBM in a few seconds - by drinking a pint of water.

On an all inclusive holiday I can gain 1lb/day but only part of that is fat gain - water retention from saltier foods, sun bathing, flying, higher amounts of food in transit would be LBM.
  • Abs_magee89
    sijomial wrote: »

@Pipsqueak1965

LBM isn't just muscle, it's everything that isn't fat so yes people can get large rapid changes in LBM.
    I can add 1lb of LBM in a few seconds - by drinking a pint of water.

On an all inclusive holiday I can gain 1lb/day but only part of that is fat gain - water retention from saltier foods, sun bathing, flying, higher amounts of food in transit would be LBM.
    I’m definitely holding onto a bit of water this week and I am well aware that the 3 pounds isn’t all muscle lol. I’m still happy with my results though. My muscles look fuller.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member

3/1/2020 2256 calories

*THIS WEEK* 3/8/2020 2345 calories

3 pound increase in Lean body mass! 1 pound decrease in fat, 2 pound gain in scale weight. What a great week! I don’t really see a huge difference yet other than my abs coming in more, but I am excited to see what happens in this next week, which is also progress pic day. Hard work does pay off!

That's fantastic progress. We'll done.
  • Abs_magee89

3/1/2020 2256 calories

3/8/2020 2345 calories

*THIS WEEK* 3/15/2020
    146.7 lbs 15.32 % body fat, 124.2 lbs LBM

1.3 pound increase in Lean body mass! 1 pound increase in fat, 2.2 pound gain in scale weight.
    The increase in food had me pretty bloated this week. I had to do a lot of self talk, telling myself it’s good weight. I’m adding a little bit more cardio this week and keeping calories at 2300 to see what happens. Can’t gain muscle with zero fat gains, it’s just not realistic. But it is nice to see more curves coming in!