Is this a healthy breakfast? what do u think?

Options

Replies

• LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy, idk how I feel about corn for brekky though🤔
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like eggs and mushrooms, coffee, and crusty bread. The rest🤷‍♀️ I'd rather have tomato or fruit.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals and what works for you.

I like my toast in the morning. If I'm out at a restaurant for breakfast/brunch I like to indulge I'll have pancakes (or French toast) with butter and syrup, eggs, bacon, toast and fruit.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,216 Member
    Options
    If you're hitting pretty close to your nutritional and calorie goals by the end of the day, plus find this breakfast tasty, satiating, and convenient, you're golden.

It's not my thing, mainly because I don't particularly enjoy bread, so don't spend many calories on it; would want more veggies and eggs (protein, generally).

Looks like it has enough of all the good stuff (protein, fats, veggies) to make some contribution to meeting reasonable daily goals, but it really depends on how the whole day looks . . . plus whether you find it filling and energy-supporting, of course.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looks good, I'd eat the eggs, bread and vegetables. However I'd swap the mushrooms for zucchini or spinach but it's a personal preference, has nothing to do with nutrition
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want corn and bread like that at breakfast but to me it absolutely looks like healthy nutritious food. So if you like it, why not?
  • PollysiuPo
    PollysiuPo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    Depends on your goals. It would be too many calories for me without being filling enough. 6 inch baguette is about 400 cals, Egg 70, 1/4 cup corn 30 (with no butter), mushrooms 3/4 cup about 50, plus probably at least a teaspoon of cooking oil between the egg, mushrooms, and corn 40 cals. 590 CALORIE ESTIMATE My goals mean I typically consume ~200 cals for breakfast, max. It's also carb-ier than I look for in breakfast.

Yes, I found out the baguette is something too much. I changed it to a slice of white bread today. But seemed not good enough for nutrient.

I am trying to loss weight and healing my eczema the same time.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Since we're talking about personal preferences, I would eat everything in this picture for breakfast, including the corn. I would eat a whole cucumber or two, and a whole tomato or two, not just a couple of slices. I may need to ditch the egg because I have an egg intolerance and replace that with lunch meat or whole fat savory Greek yogurt (labneh). I would also replace the butter with olive oil or just not use any extra fat since the meal already has some.
  • jrdouce
    jrdouce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's bad, but I wouldn't have both corn and bread. Grains are high calorie and low nutrients. I'd rather drop the corn, have a second egg and a little spinach to the mushrooms to add some greens and fiber.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    jrdouce wrote: »
    I don't think it's bad, but I wouldn't have both corn and bread. Grains are high calorie and low nutrients. I'd rather drop the corn, have a second egg and a little spinach to the mushrooms to add some greens and fiber.

Corn, in particular, is not all that high in calories. This amount looks like it has 50 calories or less if no fat is added. and roughly 2 grams of fiber/protein plus some Folate. People usually under-estimate corn and dismiss it as a diet food just like they do potatoes. I love corn season. We usually buy whole corn. An entire large ear takes a good while to eat (if you eat it off the cob) for only 100 calories. Perfect diet snack.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Can you post a screenshot of it from your diary? Looks like it would be too much carbs and not enough protein for me, but what satiates you may be different.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    If you’re meeting your nutritional goals, and at a calorie deficit, it doesn’t matter what you eat or when you eat it. Personal preference.

Food isn’t bad
    Food isn’t good
    Food is food
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Where’s the bacon?
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Healthy is such a relative term! How does this meal fit with *your* preferences and health goals? That's what matters since it's your meal! :smiley:

For me, I probably would have skipped the corn, cut the portion of bread in half, went for 2 eggs, and added more tomato and cucumber. But it doesn't really matter since I am not the one eating it. lol