How lose in my hips area

I would like to loss in my hip area.
Any idea on how to do this

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Walking lots of walking it changed the legs hips and abdomen especially love handles! Kinda crazy but true!
  • Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    When the weather warms up
    I can get out and start walking
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    I have read quite a bit on the subject and walking seems to be the way to loss weight and slim down. Haven't tries the theory myself, but I do agree that you can't spot reduce.
  • CoreyLust
    CoreyLust Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2020
    Just make sure you don't use the myfitnesspal recommended calorie intake to set you deficit.

It doesn't ask nearly enough questions to provide an accurate starting point.

Nor does it recommend enough protein for eating in a calorie deficit to spare lean body mass.
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    I used the MFP numbers to lose enough weight to go from a 12/14 to a 4/6 in pants.
  • CoreyLust
    edited March 2020
    lulehlu wrote: »
    I used the MFP numbers to lose enough weight to go from a 12/14 to a 4/6 in pants.

Unfortunately you are not everyone and if you followed the MFP protein recommendations some of that weight loss would have absolutely been a loss of lean body mass.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Although you can’t spot reduce, for most people, a combination of weight loss and strength work (lifting weights) will improve their body composition, which means more muscle mass and less fat, and for most people a better appearance and shape.

Don’t wait for good weather to start walking. Health is not something you just do part of the year, it’s something you do every day. If the temperatures where you live are cold enough to be dangerous, find a mall or large store. Otherwise put on a coat and gloves.
  • CoreyLust
    edited March 2020
    In terms of time spent performing an activity to burn calories walking is very ineffective. You are much better off putting that same amount of time into using a cross-trainer machine, or a an exercycle, and using a 'higher' intensity. Or at least walk on an incline.

Everyone has to start somewhere but if you can manage more than just walking you should.
  • CoreyLust
    edited March 2020
    CoreyLust wrote: »
    In terms of time spent performing an activity to burn calories walking is a very ineffective. You are much better off putting that same amount of time into use a cross-trainer machine, or a an exercycle, and using a higher intensity. Or at least walk on an incline.

Everyone has to start somewhere but if you can manage more than just walking you should.

I'm not sure I agree with you about walking. It may not burn as many calories as other high intensity activities, but some people do respond well to walking. There are many other benefits of walking aside from burning calories. I think it is important that each individual find what works for them and which form of activity they enjoy.

Which part specifically do you disagree with? I would also like to note I said higher intensity, not high intensity. There is a difference.
  • CoreyLust
    edited March 2020
    leggup wrote: »

Nope! Not true at all.

You can't spot reduce. You can't pick where the weight comes off. On me my hips are the first place I gain and the last thing to go.

^^^^^^^ This is truth ^^^^^^^ period.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Eat at a deficit and stay patient and active.

I'm down 6" at my hips from doing exactly this.