Whats your favorite breakfast food?

Options

Replies

• capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Since being here and eating 3 meals and a minimum of 2 snacks a day...breakfast is a must for me.

I make sure I have protein at each meal so for me I love this one:

grate 1/3 of small potato
    grate 1/4 small onion
    use TBS of Real Bacon Bits or 1 diced sausage patty (Jimmie Dean for example)
    Saute in non stick pan until potato is cooked. ( just a few minutes ...you can crisp it up like hash browns)
    then pour
    Egg beaters, All Whites, or a Scrambled egg over the ingredients in the pan cook til eggs done.
    Sprinkle with parmesian or add some sliced cherry tomatoes or both...it is quick and delicious.

About 165 cals. YUM! and Satisfying.
  • goingcrazy951
    Options
    I love bagel thins (110 cal) with laughing cow cheese spread on it and a side of fruit! YUM

Fiber One cereal (any of them are great but I really like the new one Honey Squares that is 80 cal a serving!) with banana and unsweetened vanilla almond breeze or fat free milk

Breakfast Scramble made with:
    - 3 center cut pieces of bacon (70 cal)
    - 1/2 cup of southwestern egg beater (60 cal)
    - 2/3 cup Ore Ida Potatoes O'brien with onion and peppers (60 cal)
    - 2 Tbsp of light sour cream (40 cal)
    - red pepper flakes
    - chili sauce (optional)
    - you could also add salsa
    230 Calories total

Hope this gives you a few ideas
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Wasa bread or melba toast topped with light cream chz and tomatoes. Or reduced sugar oatmeal w/ raisns. Or Turkey sticks and carrots. Coffee, black, 2 equal. Now I am hungry.
  • dreanance
    Options
    Oatmeal with peanutbutter, blueberries and banana with a bit of cinnamon.

Toaster waffle with nut butter and banana.

Yogurt with berries and cereal.
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This was helpful =)
  • rockchick90
    Options
    I have pasta salad for breakfast sometimes, it keeps me full for a good few hours and its healthy :)
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    fat free yoghurt, a small bunch of grapes or some chopped fruit and a small handfull of a good quality muesli about 200 cals and scrummy.
    weekends are poached egg on toast. both of these keep me going until my mid morning banana!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. 150 calories and keeps me full while being easily portable. Sometimes I add a banana or other fruit and mix it in the blender but normally just straight up.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Quote from recipe search:
    I made these pancakes this morning, and they were so easy and delicious! Here's the recipe:

Mash about 2/3 of a medium banana in a small bowl. Add about a teaspoon of splenda and a few sprinkles of cinnimon (as much or as little as you like). Add 1/4 of a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add 1/3 of a cup of egg whites (I use All Whites from the carton). Mix all of the ingredients together, and cook up the pancakes in a hot skillet as you would cook regular pancakes.

I only photographed two of them, but I made 6 smallish pancakes and ate them all myself! The whole thing is only 111 calories, so that's 18.5 calories per pancake!!! The whole batch is 111 calories, 20 carbs, NO FAT, and 9 grams of protein!!
    End Quote.

Someone posted this recipe a while back and it has become my favorite breakfast! I use a whole banana and 2 large egg whites, then follow the rest of the recipe. They are wonderful! Sometimes I have them at night with a side of cottage cheese. It takes a few trys to get used to flipping them.
  • AlexMarie88
    Options
    Kashi go lean blueberry waffles with sugar free syrup 15 cals and a couple of frozen blueberries microwaved in witht he syrup is under 200 cals and delicious

also 2 egg whites (32 cals) 2 turkey sausage patties (90 cals) 1 piece of weight watchers cheese (45 cal) on a fiber one english muffin (100 cal)

Smoothie - 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries (35 cals) 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries (25 cals) nonfat milk half a cup (45 cals) one scoop of aria protien (40) cal and half a banana (50 cal)

these are all low calorie and super filling!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    When I'm in a hurry - hardboiled egg, stick string cheese and a banana...

My fav is Chobani Greek yogurt Vanilla, 7 gr honey, and a banana = 225 cals and tastes like a banana split.
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My ultimate favorite breakfast is a fiber one chocolate and oats bar (140 cal) with a giant coffee w a splash of skim milk and two splendas!!
  • terryrob2
    terryrob2 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SlenderSuze
    SlenderSuze Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fresh berries! I started eating this because I really needed to up my protein, but I wasn't too keen on the cottage cheese, so I sprinkled a bit of sugar or sweetener on top. Now I LOVE it and eat it straight out of the carton with no sweetener. Yum! I eat 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese (you can get 4% in the USA for only 10 more calories, and it's so nice and creamy...lucky people!!) with 1/2 cup of any fresh berries I can get...I love a mix of strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Yummy!!!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Since being here and eating 3 meals and a minimum of 2 snacks a day...breakfast is a must for me.

I make sure I have protein at each meal so for me I love this one:

grate 1/3 of small potato
    grate 1/4 small onion
    use TBS of Real Bacon Bits or 1 diced sausage patty (Jimmie Dean for example)
    Saute in non stick pan until potato is cooked. ( just a few minutes ...you can crisp it up like hash browns)
    then pour
    Egg beaters, All Whites, or a Scrambled egg over the ingredients in the pan cook til eggs done.
    Sprinkle with parmesian or add some sliced cherry tomatoes or both...it is quick and delicious.

About 165 cals. YUM! and Satisfying.

gonna try this!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    A sprig of Basil and a tiny dash of Olive Oil would taste delish on Durangocal's breakfast sandwich mentioned on page one . I may have to try it!

The past two mornings I've made a smoothie with:
    3 Strawberries
    Handful of Blueberries
    Approx 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
    2 packets Truvia
    Approx 1/4 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
    Approx 1/4 C Plain Greek Yogurt 0%
    About 8-9 Ice cubes
    Blend together and enjoy

I don't measure stuff, but maybe I should to get a better idea of a real calorie count. I favor the idea of just throwing it together in my hefty blender and see what happens. This recipe above has a really nice creamy texture. You do not taste the Spinach at all though you get all those nutrients from it. According to the calorie chart here on myfitnesspal the smoothie weighs in at 160 calories.
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fresh berries! I started eating this because I really needed to up my protein, but I wasn't too keen on the cottage cheese, so I sprinkled a bit of sugar or sweetener on top. Now I LOVE it and eat it straight out of the carton with no sweetener. Yum! I eat 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese (you can get 4% in the USA for only 10 more calories, and it's so nice and creamy...lucky people!!) with 1/2 cup of any fresh berries I can get...I love a mix of strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Yummy!!!

my favorite cottage cheese is a jillian michaels recipe - - try sprinkling cinnamon over the cottage cheese.. add a few walnut pieces and then drizzle honey over it all... sooo sweet and yummy!

i also like making breakfast wraps - - i'll scramble and egg with onions and spinach and then top it with pepperjack cheese. wrap it all up in a low-calorie wrap (i like the honey wheat 100 calorie wrap). for an extra crunch, i'll lay the wrap in the skillet and let the outside of it crisp up a little.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, remember it's portion control that is the true answer to success. I am not a breakfast person either but what I have been reading is you need to wake up you metobilism and the right amount and of course the kind of food in the morning can be the answer to that after sleeping all night. Try a meal replacement such as a protein smoothy..
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if im in a hurry I grab a fiber one bar