60 yrs and up

Options

Replies

• bstudener
    bstudener Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for sharing your success strategies. I’m 63 and struggle with my weight going up and down. When it goes up it’s hard to get it down. A daily planner sounds like a great idea as well as writing my food down.
  • Fishwishing
    Fishwishing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good day, 60'ers! Sunshine and warmth here in Missouri today, so I'm planning a bike ride this afternoon. (Fractured my tibial plateau about 3 years ago on a 2-wheeler, so now I ride a 3-wheeler! :)JTWoody,welcome and congratulations on your can-do attitude! You will make it happen! So great to read through everyone's plans and ways-to-work MFP to their best advantage. I filled in most of my food choices for today last night, which helps keep me on track as so many others of you have noted. After losing 10 pounds since the first of the year, I am stuck on a plateau right now but will not give up. I've found for myself exercise is the real key and with the nicer weather I have been able to be more consistent. I love walking and riding outdoors and am really looking forward to that extra hour of daylight in the evenings next week. Have a great day, everyone!
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good day, 60'ers! Sunshine and warmth here in Missouri today, so I'm planning a bike ride this afternoon. (Fractured my tibial plateau about 3 years ago on a 2-wheeler, so now I ride a 3-wheeler! :)JTWoody,welcome and congratulations on your can-do attitude! You will make it happen! So great to read through everyone's plans and ways-to-work MFP to their best advantage. I filled in most of my food choices for today last night, which helps keep me on track as so many others of you have noted. After losing 10 pounds since the first of the year, I am stuck on a plateau right now but will not give up. I've found for myself exercise is the real key and with the nicer weather I have been able to be more consistent. I love walking and riding outdoors and am really looking forward to that extra hour of daylight in the evenings next week. Have a great day, everyone!

Hello to you! I read an earlier post from you that mentioned you were in Mid-Missouri....Columbia or Jefferson City? I'm in Kansas City and it's nice to see someone else from MO and yes, it is a beautiful day, have a great ride!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I write in a gratitude journal every morning. I've done that since 1998 when my life was in a great crisis. A friend suggested that I make a gratitude list every day. It made no sense to me but I did it anyway. I write 3-10 items every day and it helps me focus on what is going right in my life rather than wallowing in what might be going wrong. I found morning works best for me but some people like to do the list at bedtime.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

thank you for this, I started to list things to be grateful for some years ago when my life was hard but did it in my head & out loud to God, it really made a difference but today I'm going to write it down since my life is in between leaving stress & not quite settling into a new routine (limbo mode i call it). It's a lovely day today, around 70degrees & sunny. Already took dogs to dog park & will walk the ones that couldn't go today. I also started back to the gym after taking time off so I will go soon because I find if I do something else first I don't usually go. The gym is like a mini vacation for me, where I put on my headphones & leave whatever is bothering me behind, especially the year round pool & it's literally 3 minutes drive from my house
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Hey, y'all. Catching up here after four days on the Salmon River. Good friends, good R&R and slow fishing. C'est la vie!

I live in southwest Idaho - between Boise and the Oregon border. Spring is on the way here - had to peel off my jacket while walking the dog this afternoon. YAY!

What a great way to spend your time,
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    JTWoody wrote: »
    I’m 65 and I’m an on again off again Fitness Pal user. I’m still down thirty but the bad news is I started at 360. I got more problems than a run over dog. Diabetes hypertension arthritis corpol tunnel CAD for starters but I’m blessed to still be here alive and kickin. I ain’t going down without a fight. Fitness Pal works I know that I just need to stick with it. I’m going to try my best because I do not want weight loss surgery. Grace and Peace to you all.

Good luck I'm sure you will succeeded!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi Barbie... I live in Nor Cal just above Santa Rosa. Near the wine country fires of recent years. Beautiful but also hot in summer. Now we contend with the power shuts offs for our own safety every summer and fall. But still lovely area to live...
    I apologize for my downright negative earlier first post. Life is still grand, I just feel beat up sometimes but so grateful for all the blessings in my life!
  • n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love coming home in the evenings and checking in to see how everyone is doing! I walked to work again today, in the rain, which was fun, it had stopped for the walk home and got up to 60 for the day. Got 5 miles walking total today with extra walks. I was so tired when I got home I wanted to crash on the couch but had promised myself my arm weight workout, after I finished I was soooo happy that I did it. My food is still great because of logging it all ahead of time, and of course checking in here daily has kept me honest as well. Everyone have a great evening.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    Hi Barbie... I live in Nor Cal just above Santa Rosa. Near the wine country fires of recent years. Beautiful but also hot in summer. Now we contend with the power shuts offs for our own safety every summer and fall. But still lovely area to live...
    I apologize for my downright negative earlier first post. Life is still grand, I just feel beat up sometimes but so grateful for all the blessings in my life!

:) One of the great things about this thread is being able to unload and vent when necessary and then get inspired a bit by what others are sharing. I think every place has its down side no matter how beautiful. Gratitude is what helps me focus on what is right with my life. When my friends in Northern California have told me about power shut offs, I become extra grateful for electricity. When I hear how hot it is somewhere, I am grateful for the heat pump at my house that keeps us cool. At some of the worst times in my life, I've had to stand still and say, "I have clean clothes, indoor plumbing, food in the fridge, a roof over my head,...."

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    :) One of my secrets of success is that I walk whether it's sunny or not or even in the dark. I live in NW WA where the sky is cloudy a lot and days are very short in the fall and winter. I can't afford to let the outdoors tell me when to walk. I love to see the sunrise while I walk my dogs.
    wattsie59 wrote: »
    hi all just joined hoping to have a good weight loss journey

:) I hope you will keep coming back to this thread. It helps me to have a supportive community.

<3 Barbie
  • j29t
    j29t Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Was yours a "Forward Food" day? Healthy sure feels good.

ky5nw83k4oyz.png
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Yesterday was good for me, I ate well, exercised and feel good. Hope it went well for y'all too.
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) One of my secrets of success is that I walk whether it's sunny or not or even in the dark. I live in NW WA where the sky is cloudy a lot and days are very short in the fall and winter. I can't afford to let the outdoors tell me when to walk. I love to see the sunrise while I walk my dogs.
    <3 Barbie
    That sounds nice. I see you are on the Olympic peninsula, I have been there a couple of times, its a beautiful place.
    rikwaynik wrote: »
    Most everything has improved with the weight loss.
    Hey Rikwaynik, that's been my experience too! And I am also trying to get to onderland, its been many years for me.