51 beginner - Australia 85kg let's buddy up

Options
raquelle69
raquelle69 Posts: 30 Member
In dire need of motivation...anybody?
I know how to do this, so do you!
Let's stop cheating ourselves out of a better, happier life!

Replies

• ZivileZu
    ZivileZu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 80kg and I've been trying to do this on my own for a while but it's not been working vedy well... I'd love to have a buddy!
  • raquelle69
    Options
    Hi...where are you? I'm in West Australia.
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle. I am 50 this year, currently around 83kg. Trying to get down to around 75kg before my 50th in September. I am down in Mandurah so happy to help where I can
  • DAN1ELGRU88
    DAN1ELGRU88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Follow and friend as many positive people as you can.
  • raquelle69
    Options
    raquelle69 wrote: »
    Hi...where are you? I'm in West Australia.

Am I stupid?? How do I direct reply to a post??
  • raquelle69
    Options
    Follow and friend as many positive people as you can.

Ok, still trying to figure out how to do that 🤔
  • Saturncap10
    Saturncap10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm in western Australia too
  • raquelle69
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi saturncsp10, have you just started?
  • szmiggle
    szmiggle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m 43 from Sydney. Started in February. MPF really works if you’re consistent
    Cheers
  • raquelle69
    Options
    szmiggle wrote: »
    Hi, I’m 43 from Sydney. Started in February. MPF really works if you’re consistent
    Cheers

PM sent
  • Saturncap10
    Options

Hi I fell off the wagon and now back on it. Keto with IF for the last 2 weeks doing okay.
  • Saturncap10
    Options
    Cheers

PM sent

Hi szmiggle
    What's MPF?😉
  • Saturncap10
    Options
    Cheers

PM sent

Hi szmiggle
    What's MPF?😉

I think I replied in the wrong comment oops
  • Saturncap10
    Options
    seat151 wrote: »
    Hi Danielle. I am 50 this year, currently around 83kg. Trying to get down to around 75kg before my 50th in September. I am down in Mandurah so happy to help where I can

@seat151 I'm in kwinana
    I was close to 80kg then I discovered keto & IF.
  • Saturncap10
    Options

Hi I fell off the wagon and now back on it. Keto with IF for the last 2 weeks doing okay.

@raquelle69
  • raquelle69
    Options

@raquelle69

Ok, I am just doing 1200 with minimal processed carbs
  • Saturncap10
    Options
    @raquelle69 I'm doing 1200calories too, zero carbs or minimum 10%. So hard to stick to because so many foods have carbs. Have been researching and making a shopping list to stick to. I've lost just under 1 kilogram, weighed myself last week. I know I had put weight on during holiday, I do try not to weigh self on a regular basis..,because im trying to build muscle.
  • raquelle69
    Options
    @raquelle69 I'm doing 1200calories too, zero carbs or minimum 10%. So hard to stick to because so many foods have carbs. Have been researching and making a shopping list to stick to. I've lost just under 1 kilogram, weighed myself last week. I know I had put weight on during holiday, I do try not to weigh self on a regular basis..,because im trying to build muscle.

I tried keto, I couldn't get past the no energy phase unfortunately.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    My advice is find a way to lose weight that doesn't require 'motivation'. Motivation is a temporary resource that is good at getting thing moving but doesn't last long.

The key to long term weight management is to make it as easy as possible. The only thing required for weight loss is a calorie deficit and there are way to many ways to achieve this to do one that you find difficult. Every time you do something or make a change ask yourself one important question 'Forever?'. As in am I committed to doing this for the rest of my life and if the answer is no, then don't do it and find something else.

The value of a weight management approach has nothing to do with how much weight you're losing it's all about how effortless you can make it. And when evaluating your approach the question you should be asking isn't 'how can I lose more weight' but rather 'how can I keep losing weight but make it even easier'.

Keep the long term in mind. 12 months from now, taking a drastic approach, using unsustainable temporary changes that sees you lose 2kg a week but ends after 2 months once the 'motivation' runs out will see you exactly where you are now. Back on MFP lamenting about how you fell off the wagon and that this time it's gonna be different. Taking an easy effortless approach that sees you lose 0.5kg per week will see you 26kg lighter this time next year. Which would you prefer?

Weight loss is simple. It's just an energy equation. Eat more calories than you use and you'll gain, eat fewer calories than you use and you'll lose. That's as complicated as it gets. As far as weight loss is concerned what you eat, when you eat don't matter.

Weight loss isn't always easy but it's only as difficult as we decide to make it for ourselves. Strive to make it as easy and effortless as possible. Remember, you can't fall off the wagon if you don't get on a wagon to begin with.

G'luck
  • raquelle69
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    My advice is find a way to lose weight that doesn't require 'motivation'. Motivation is a temporary resource that is good at getting thing moving but doesn't last long.

The key to long term weight management is to make it as easy as possible. The only thing required for weight loss is a calorie deficit and there are way to many ways to achieve this to do one that you find difficult. Every time you do something or make a change ask yourself one important question 'Forever?'. As in am I committed to doing this for the rest of my life and if the answer is no, then don't do it and find something else.

The value of a weight management approach has nothing to do with how much weight you're losing it's all about how effortless you can make it. And when evaluating your approach the question you should be asking isn't 'how can I lose more weight' but rather 'how can I keep losing weight but make it even easier'.

Keep the long term in mind. 12 months from now, taking a drastic approach, using unsustainable temporary changes that sees you lose 2kg a week but ends after 2 months once the 'motivation' runs out will see you exactly where you are now. Back on MFP lamenting about how you fell off the wagon and that this time it's gonna be different. Taking an easy effortless approach that sees you lose 0.5kg per week will see you 26kg lighter this time next year. Which would you prefer?

Weight loss is simple. It's just an energy equation. Eat more calories than you use and you'll gain, eat fewer calories than you use and you'll lose. That's as complicated as it gets. As far as weight loss is concerned what you eat, when you eat don't matter.

Weight loss isn't always easy but it's only as difficult as we decide to make it for ourselves. Strive to make it as easy and effortless as possible. Remember, you can't fall off the wagon if you don't get on a wagon to begin with.

G'luck

Wise words .... I agree completely. I have tried everything, succeeded on only a few occasions (yes, I have yoyo'd since I was 14). Simplicity and consistency works for me, with a little brisk walking. I know how to lose weight, I just have to be in the right mindset... which I currently am 🙂