In a rut and getting bored

Options
Hi everyone!!!
I need a bit of guidance...
I have been at goal for years and was happy there. Unfortunately I went though a very bad divorce last year and my cortisol levels were raised for so long that my body began to store fat, I became insulin resistant, adrenal fatigue and my hormones were all over the place. I ended up gaining some weight...in October of this year I felt healthy and strong enough to start MFP up again...I'm almost where I was before :) and that makes me feel great!! But lately I have been feeling bored of not being where I should be, bored of measuring and tracking...bored of restriction. This is my lifestyle. I love fitness and watching what I eat and I love the results, I just dont understand why I am burning out...I feel like I want run from everything. The gym is my therapy. I have been into fitness since high school, I'm now 33...there is nothing exciting anymore...I eat the same thing every day (pretty much) which im usually fine with...I want to feel like me again...any advice would be great!!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Have you had therapy post divorce? I found it very helpful.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a diet break! Have you ever had one? Take a week where you eat at maintenance. Eat out , eat a bunch of things that get you excited. Then get back to it again.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Which restrictions are you growing tired of? Are you eliminating foods you love? Is it the smaller portions you're bored with?

If you're feeling overly restricted, maybe it's time to consider changing it up some. If there's something you really miss or want to eat more of.. you could bank some calories for a couple days and then enjoy the treat. You could, as someone above mentioned, take a diet break and eat at maintenance. The same thing applies if that doesn't give you enough calories for what you're wanting.. save some up, then enjoy. Look at your weekly average rather than just the daily total. Eat a bit less some days and it gives you more leeway on other days.