Wii Fit

Options
i currently only have a Wii and im thinking of buying the Wii fit :)

anyone got any comments/advice/success/negatives about this?

id like to know anything about it before i buy it as its quite expensive.

thankyou

x

Replies

• sayambular
    Options
    I personally have the Wii Fit and love the Steps and the Free Run. Really gets your heart going. I don't get to use mine much anymore.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I love it. I bought it for my mother for her birthday and she lost a ton of weight on it. If you do it right, it gives you a crazy workout. You can do aerobics, yoga, balance, etc etc. It's fabulous :)
  • farrellb2
    Options
    try and find it used much cheaper(gamestop, or some of those places might have it lower and used)...personally I love it especially when it's to hot to walk outside
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I loooove Wii Fit! I've been using it for a week or two and I use the yoga and strength training to make my own routine. It definitely works me out good.
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have it, I like it. It does require you to strategize you aerobic exercises, and after you get it and play with it youll figure out what works best for you. I highly reccomend you dont ignore the balance games- they have helped me to improve my balance. They have Yoga games (all come with the Wii fit plus game)- which are balance, strength, and endurance training all at once.

Yoga is actually very hard and now I want to take some actual yoga classes based on what i have experienced on the wii and it has given me the confidence that I can do them too.

It is a wise investment as long as you make the decision to put some time in it and it definetly very very fun to play the Wii Fit games with a friend.
  • kathytexas
    Options
    I love Wii Fit. It has many aspects to it (yoga, weights, cardio) but it also includes tests on your balance, which are pretty unique (in my opinion). The games are interesting and fun (on one game you get to "bike" all over an island to locate flags). It is fairly basic so if you are in good shape it won't be much of a cardio challenge, but the balance activities are interesting. I guess like any cardio, it's what you put into it.

I think it's worth it.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I do 90 minutes of free step everyday. I love it! A few times a week I do 30 minutes of free run as well.
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thankyou for the answers guys!!

im currently looking on Ebay for wii fit bundles as we speak :)

x
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Is this hard on the knees? I bought wii zumba and cant do a lot of the moves because of knee replacement. It just wont bend that way anymore.
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    I've had mine for 3 weeks and I love it. I got my Wii Fit game and balance board brand new on eBay for $65 with free shipping! :)

I like the step aerobics and the rhythm boxing the most!