This time, it’s got to stick!

Good Morning All,
I’ve been fighting weight issues for as far back as I can remember. Every six months I either look great, or I slide back and go into my old ways. I really need this time to stick and I have no real support group on my end (family of eaters). If there’s anyone out there in the same boat, or someone who has had some success, I could really use the friend request/ add. I have my first child on the way and I want to lead by example. Thanks!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member
    Welcome :smile:

There is a lot of useful info on these forums, in the stickied posts in each subforum, and lots of people willing to help.

I would suggest you look into why your previous attempts havent 'stuck'. Were you being too restrictive? Were you making temporary changes to your diet and then returning to your old habits when you achieved your objective?

I've lost 30 lbs so far by eating the foods I like in more appropriate quantities, and by gradually creating good habits and exercising more. I haven't reached a maintenance stage yet, but so far my journey has been much easier than I thought possible.

Don't do anything that you don't want to do for the rest of your life, make gradual changes, be patient and consistent, experiment and find a strategy that works for you and you'll get there :+1:
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Good luck on your journey. What do you plan to do differently this time compared to before. The answer that usually results in long term success is less not more. What tyoe of activities do you imagine doing with your child on the way. What kind of habits do you hope they pick up from you. Use those ideas to motivate you to make small sustainable changes. What else are you hoping to achieve by losing weight? Better health? More active? better stress management? A goal that is not specifically weight related can be very motivating during the scale roller coaster that almost inevitably happens during typical weight loss (water weight fluctuations etc). I have found long term goal to be very helpful for me this time as well. Set a goal for 2-3 years down the line. That way when you have a small set back, which most of us do, you will have the realization that it is a small blip on the way to your long term goal, which it is if you treat it as such.
  • JoeGrizzly80
    JoeGrizzly80 Posts: 2 Member
    How do you add friends on this app
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member
    How do you add friends on this app

Click on their username: a pop-up window will appear.
    Click on their username in the pop-up: you will be directed to their profile page.
    There you will see a button allowing you to send a friend request.
  • mindful_weightloss
    mindful_weightloss Posts: 6 Member
    Hi!. Im in the same boat. I finally got my family to join the gym with me. We are all loving it. Now to get the eating uncontrolled. Feel free to add me.