Different diet plans

Options
Tumbles617
Tumbles617 Posts: 15 Member
I’m just curious is everyone here counts calories or are you on another plan? I used to do keto and low carb but I need something easier for my lifestyle.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    All diet plans basically come down to the same thing: a calorie deficit is needed to lose weight. I don't follow any set plan. I watch what I eat, and I exercise.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    All successful plans are different ways to get to the same point -- a consistent calorie deficit. The point is to find the way that makes it easiest for *you* to be in a calorie deficit.

For me, calorie counting was the easiest way.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    Same for me: I just count calories and exercise/move more. I still eat basically the same foods as before, but in more appropriate quantities. Works great, I've lost 30lbs so far while not feeling deprived or starved!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Tumbles617 wrote: »
    I’m just curious is everyone here counts calories or are you on another plan? I used to do keto and low carb but I need something easier for my lifestyle.

Easy was my plan while in weight loss. I logged my food. I adopted a mindset of 80 percent nutrition and 20 percent treats. I also adopted a mindset of losing weight at least 80 percent of the time and allowing myself 20 or so percent maintenance days for special events, holidays, vacations, etc. As soon as I was able I moved more.

Give this a read:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    For a healthier lifestyle I realized that I can adjust my macros to suit my daily needs. No more cravings, no more "trigger foods", no more binge eating, no more cheat meals. Seems to me that's the main reason why MFP is working for me.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Not on any particular diet, but I find it easier staying within my calorie limit to eat mostly whole (minimally processed beyond cooking, freezing, etc) food, skipping breakfast, and eating out only once a week or so. As the weather moves toward spring, I move more myself so this helps, too :)
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The only diet that will work is one that you can stick to. Keto, low carb etc are fine if you like variety but your staple diet should have all the food groups.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining weight now for 4+ years, at 5'5", mid-130s pounds, mostly counting calories, but striving for well-rounded nutrition within calorie goal. (This, after 3+ previous decades of obesity.:) ).

Personally, I define well-rounded nutrition as 0.6-0.8g protein minimum per pound of healthy goal weight, 0.35-0.45g fats per pound of weight (preferring mono/polyunsaturated fats and paying attention to Omega-3 and Omega-6 balance), and minimum 5 (ideally 10+) 80g servings of varied, colorful veggies & fruits.

YMMV.