Diet advise ?

Options

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I thought your entry for lettuce Tuesday was wrong, but if you really did eat 1,252 grams, then using the actual USDA entry, "Lettuce, cos or romaine, raw" yes, that is 212 calories. But with 41 carbs minus 26 fiber, you get 15 net carbs, which is surely more than the book intended for one meal.

If this plan makes you so miserable you need to eat 1,252 g of lettuce in a sitting to feel full, it might be time to reconsider.

{{{{{ hugs }}}}}

ETA: I had to go look at my lettuce and now I am wondering if your 1252 grams was a typo.
    I thought your entry for lettuce Tuesday was wrong, but if you really did eat 1,252 grams, then using the actual USDA entry, "Lettuce, cos or romaine, raw" yes, that is 212 calories. But with 41 carbs minus 26 fiber, you get 15 net carbs, which is surely more than the book intended for one meal.

If this plan makes you so miserable you need to eat 1,252 g of lettuce in a sitting to feel full, it might be time to reconsider.

{{{{{ hugs }}}}}

ETA: I had to go look at my lettuce and now I am wondering if your 1252 grams was a typo.

{{{{{ hugs }}}}}

Might have been it was two heads of romaine that day. Plus generally around 2 cups of mixed salad. It might have been a typo
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Is this the recipe for the tahini bagel from Tuesday? https://meatfreeketo.com/vegan-keto-bagel-thins/

Yes it’s the same except no added sesame seed
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    I am thinking I probably won’t stay with this diet, I do like to see if there are diets my body responds better to for inflammation purposes and since this particular diet is basically an anti inflammatory diet thought I’d give it a shot. I don’t really bounce around in diets, the only real one I’ve done to good effect is carb cycling. Since being on mfp this is really only the second diet I’ve been on. Through my life I admit I’ve tried different things and diets bc I’ve always been overweight. I was trying to see if I could do vegan again bc I did feel better at the time I did it a long time ago but I just don’t think now it’s right for my body and work I do. But I just wanted to try this out mainly as an experiment.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    I think not continuing with this diet is a good idea - although I don't think a 1 week long experiment, some of which included off plan eating, is really going to tell you much.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @paperpudding I’m repeating the week. But I appreciate your input thanks. I just wanted to be able to do it where I did not feel hungry. But I think with better planning I got it. Not too sure what to do on my very busy days where I was feeling very depleted but to up my protein. I am going to do this for the four weeks as I stated before. Just working out some kinks. Perhaps last week was not the best week for me to start a diet, I spent 14 hours in the hospital and had eaten dinner by 2 pm which led me to be starving and ending up going off plan. As for me personally I kind of always have a learning curve first week or two.
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @kshama2001 here is the recipe for tahini bagel
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    @kshama2001 this is what she says about protein
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options

Thanks! Does the next page (or any other page) set a protein target?
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Not really. She says some people don’t do well in week one and the carbs can be too low for some. If so move on to week 2 where it’s slightly more

• angelexperiment
    Options
    @kshama2001 can you look at my soup entry do you think it’s accurate. It homemade 3 cup of veg broth 4 cup cauliflower 1/4 c kal nutritional yeast and 3/4 cup Manitoba hemp hearts it’s 365 per serving I had two today as book menu says
  • angelexperiment
    Options

So I found somewhere else it says that my fats should be 70% of calories and protein 25% carbs under 35 and 20 to get into keto sis
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    It does sound like you're overcomplicating things. There is a lot of good advice here that might help you to break this all down into something easier to do. You have to eat. Every day. Make sure you choose a way of eating that you can do. Every day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    @kshama2001 can you look at my soup entry do you think it’s accurate. It homemade 3 cup of veg broth 4 cup cauliflower 1/4 c kal nutritional yeast and 3/4 cup Manitoba hemp hearts it’s 365 per serving I had two today as book menu says

I can't tell without all the raw ingredients in front of me. That sounds high for soup but I don't know enough about it. How many cups per serving? How many grams was 3/4 cup of hemp hearts? Etc. You can double check the ingredients in the recipe builder.
  • angelexperiment
    Options

So I found somewhere else it says that my fats should be 70% of calories and protein 25% carbs under 35 and 20 to get into keto sis

Just giving you data, not being judgey :) :
    • Yesterday, your fat was 66%, protein 14%, and carbs 20% (105 grams.)
    • Monday, your fat was 56%, protein 18%, and carbs 26% (146 grams.)
    • You were over your calories about 500 each day. (I would be too on days I don't exercise. Again, not judging.)

If you want to stick to the plan, what do you need to do to be more on-plan?

I think I have to readjust the calories I cannot seem to get in the amount of fats while keeping calories into that realm. Like yesterday was perfect I was not hungry. I ate on plan and I’ve been eating on plan just adding in more fats like avacado, olives. Trying to get that 20 g carbs but I’m eating lower carbs which is good enough for me I think.

I felt good yesterday which lead me to thinking I needed to up my protein and fats like I did that day. I wasn’t hungry like I’d been past week and half. So all in all I’m eating the menu I talked about. Today I’m going to slightly change up a few meals to see if I feel better like yesterday. I ate two halves of two different veggie burgers which said they were 20 and 25 G protein so I think there was a difference there. Not sure how to get that without eating some other veggie burger or mock meat or protein shake type thing but, everything I’m eating is vegan keto. ( except that 1 pump mocha yesterday lol)

Yea I can’t exercise really bc of my very bad hip so I’m trying to do this through diet, and I feel like the recipes I’ve done here and been using these 11/2 weeks are probably way off on calories by at least 200. But I’m not going to stress it anymore. I’ll just eat keto vegan up my fats and my protein and go with it, feeling like I’m starting to get a hang of it. She doesn’t really stress calories and says to go between 20/50 carbs net. I think the way she set up the menu is very low protein some days and it was really affecting me. I’m going to see how it all fares out by the end of the week.
  • James35w
    James35w Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Two years ago I had to struggle through some great health problems based on my obesity diagnoses. And to be honest that was the worst time in my life. My doctor told me that I should follow a diet because I need to get slim or I will lose my ability to walk. I was scared, and the worst thing that could happen to me is to stop walking or even die because I was in love with the food. I thought that it will be really hard to follow a diet as I never had done it before, but I was wrong. My doctor told me that I should read this article about diet, and I will see that this is not the end of the world and the worst thing that I could do for myself now is to be scared. Now, after two and a half years am I fit, well shaped, tall guy, and I keep the diet till now, don't be afraid to start to keep a diet plan, it is much easier than it seems to be, read the article and you will see that I am right
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Thank you James I know it is just adjusting to it. I had this problem on another diet I did til I got comfortable and felt I knew what I was doing. This is similar but very different than anything I’ve done. It’s complicated but I think people find it unnecessary to restrict yourself if you don’t have to. I’m starting to find more ease and comfort as I practice daily and remembering my things I did to help myself a long time ago. I was really struggling bc I was always hungry all the time. Now I think I figured out the problem with that. I didn’t like how I was feeling and was feeling ready to quit. But I will only quit now if I find it is not helpful for weight loss.
    James35w wrote: »
    Two years ago I had to struggle through some great health problems based on my obesity diagnoses. And to be honest that was the worst time in my life. My doctor told me that I should follow a diet because I need to get slim or I will lose my ability to walk. I was scared, and the worst thing that could happen to me is to stop walking or even die because I was in love with the food. I thought that it will be really hard to follow a diet as I never had done it before, but I was wrong. My doctor told me that I should read this article about diet, and I will see that this is not the end of the world and the worst thing that I could do for myself now is to be scared. Now, after two and a half years am I fit, well shaped, tall guy, and I keep the diet till now, don't be afraid to start to keep a diet plan, it is much easier than it seems to be, read the article and you will see that I am right