Need Support

Options
AmyMarie_1981
AmyMarie_1981 Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2020 in Motivation and Support
Starting MFP back after leaving due to not being in such a good place the last year or more in my ED recovery that I have been in since 2001. 38 almost 39 now and have been working through body dysmorphia, cognitive distortions and need healthy support related to wellness. I don’t weigh but do measure twice a year. Logging is healthy for me and just need some support.

Replies

• ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)

I'm sorry to hear about all of what you're going through. It sounds like you've been working through things for a while now, and I hope you are in a better place at least for the time being. One day at a time, right?

I've done yoga off and on for the past five years, and this past month, I finally purchased a membership to a yoga studio. I attended almost every other day, and WOW! What a life saver. It made an incredible difference, especially on my mental health. And maybe yoga's not your thing, but I hope you are able to build something into your weekly schedule that IS it because you deserve a healthy body, mind, and spirit!

Good luck to us both!
  • DAN1ELGRU88
    DAN1ELGRU88 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey. Everyone is supportive here. Make some more friends, follow other people’s journeys. You may find some wellness in showing support for others. Just talking and sharing. Wish you well.
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry the last year has been hard for you. Sounds like you are in a better place though and that’s great. I’m 39 and also struggle with body dysmorphia & cognitive distortions. Feel free to add me if you’d like. :)
  • Badbrad2020
    Badbrad2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You're more than welcome to add me if you want! You get tons of support from everybody here. We're all in this journey together!
  • AmyMarie_1981
    AmyMarie_1981 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I appreciate all your kind words.