Vitamin Difficulty

Anyone else try taking vitamins but cant deal with nausau?
Trying to be healthy because I dont get the anount of vitamins I should but its becoming expensive to try different brands.
I took it with breakfast... still dont understand why I have such a hard time.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Try taking a prenatal vitamin.
  • sab53
    sab53 Posts: 22 Member
    Not sure if this helps your case since I don’t know your typical breakfast. But I get nauseous if I don’t eat something with a fair bit of fat and protein along with my vitamins.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    multivitamins too high in iron and vitamin C can irritate your stomach and cause nausea but, taking coated tablets can lessen nausea for some since they take longer to absorb.. didn’t always work that way for me but, i did end up getting a multivitamin that doesn’t bother me even on an empty stomach. megafood’s women’s one daily.. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000E9ZEL2/ref=dp_cerb_1 .
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    If it is the iron in the multivitamin, try taking a men's formula. They typically don't have the added iron.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    I had the same issue, my doctor suggested centrum complete " chewable ", it helps
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I'm probably just a freak, as usual, but I've found that carnuba wax (found in many multis as some kind of bonding agent) makes me nearly instantly ill. The older it gets, the stronger the smell, the faster my gag response to just the smell.

Switching formulation to gummy, chewable, or plain old "chalky" usually resolves the issue.
  • breanamock
    breanamock Posts: 28 Member
    I can't take vitamins in the morning at all if I want them to stay down long enough to do me any good. I take mine in the afternoon. I also usually split them up (you're supposed to take two of mine), with one at lunch and the other with a snack or supper. You might experiment with switching up your timing.

I also agree that gummies are generally easier on the stomach, although I hear they're less reliable about having the full amount of nutrients they claim. However, a gummy you can actually take has got to be better than a regular vitamin you don't take!
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    breanamock wrote: »
    I can't take vitamins in the morning at all if I want them to stay down long enough to do me any good. I take mine in the afternoon. I also usually split them up (you're supposed to take two of mine), with one at lunch and the other with a snack or supper. You might experiment with switching up your timing.

I also agree that gummies are generally easier on the stomach, although I hear they're less reliable about having the full amount of nutrients they claim. However, a gummy you can actually take has got to be better than a regular vitamin you don't take!

I tried splitting them this morning and made sure to injest it about 10 mins after eatting. My mistake was taking it at exactly the same time as I ate and I took a whole one. Seems to be working so far. :)