Am I doing this right?

Options
Hi,
On November 1 I went plant based. Between then and Christmas I went from 163lb to to 150. I’m now at 148.
I eat 1200 calories a day.
I strength training 3-4 days a week.
I don’t eat any animal products.
I eat minimal sugar.
I don’t have cheat days.
I stop eating from 7pm to 7am.
Since mid January I can’t lose anymore weight. It’s been extremely discouraging and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I do have more carbs than I would like but it all comes from plant protein and whole grain oats.
Is this normal?
Will this plateau end at some point?
I have a BMI of 24.0 and although that is healthy I would like to lose some pounds on my middle.
Does anyone have a similar experience?
I really appreciate the advice:)

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    I don’t have much similar experience other than as a calorie counter. Do you use a food scale to crunch numbers? It can make a significant difference.

From your BMI guessing you are about 5’6” or 5’7”. 1200 calories seems pretty low. Especially with weight training. Are you sure your counting is solid? A High level of fitness in a healthy BMI range really needs time and spot on counting.

Hang in. Weight loss is mostly about problem solving and persistence. Maintaining too. Keep tinkering with the numbers and you’ll get it. In the end it’s CICO.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Food scale, if you aren't using one. This thread talks about that exact issue.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10697068/how-i-stopped-kidding-myself/p1
  • zoehend
    zoehend Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you both:) I will definitely start using a food scale and look into adjusting my calories!