Calling all 1450 calorie peeps!

Options
How fast does the weight come off? Is it consistent?

Replies

• weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1500 calories. At first it comes of very fast then slows down, I'm at about 3-4 pounds a month now. The first month I lost 15 pounds.

Of course I could probably change somethings but I am in no rush as I will hit my goal before the year ends which is fine by me.
  • mcbec1973
    mcbec1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear! I lost 3 pounds the first week so I’m worried it will all the sudden stop coming off. I’ve made a few sacrifices with food but am leaving a few things in that keep me from getting cranky. 😃
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I've had my calorie goal set at 1450-1550 since September, but I often go over a little. My maintenance calories started around 2100, and are now around 2000. I have pretty consistently lost about 1 lb a week, with less in January and more in February due to a stomach issue. I don't eat breakfast, so that helps.

It will also depend on your height and how much you have to lose. I am 5'6" and started at 163, with goal of about 128. I'm at 136 now.
  • mcbec1973
    mcbec1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel very hopeful! I’m 5-7 and 20 pounds heavier than I was in my 20’s. Now that I’m in my 40’s I’m worried I may not be able to drop much.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    mcbec1973 wrote: »
    This makes me feel very hopeful! I’m 5-7 and 20 pounds heavier than I was in my 20’s. Now that I’m in my 40’s I’m worried I may not be able to drop much.

You can do it. I'm 48 and lost 30 lbs. It's all about being consistent and caloric deficit. Some strength training and a bit of cardio helps.
  • equipo_dinamita
    equipo_dinamita Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Your in your 40's!!?!?! no way, I would have said 25's. lol

KHMcG is right, I started walking and it helps. I was put on 1200 the first week and dropped 4 lbs, my Lifestyle Coach then said let's move it up to 1300-1400, and it has been pretty stable, the trajectory though looks promising. Just remember: you can beat this!

Great Abs KHMcG, any pointers on how to get that started ?
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

I'm 46 :smile:
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options

Your in your 40's!!?!?! no way, I would have said 25's. lol

KHMcG is right, I started walking and it helps. I was put on 1200 the first week and dropped 4 lbs, my Lifestyle Coach then said let's move it up to 1300-1400, and it has been pretty stable, the trajectory though looks promising. Just remember: you can beat this!

Great Abs KHMcG, any pointers on how to get that started ?

Seriously, I started with pushups. I mean real ones, done correctly. It not about quantity it's about quality.
  • fitnessguy266
    fitnessguy266 Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    How fast does the weight come off? Is it consistent?

Slow as *kitten* currently, intentional though (0.5 or less per week)....in the middle of contest prep.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

With only 20 pounds to lose, "fast" should not be your goal. Think slow and sustainable.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and I'm losing weight. The weight is not coming off as fast as it used to, which can be discouraging. But slow and steady wins the race.
  • kaylajaynewest
    kaylajaynewest Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I feel that everyone’s different but my calories are set to 1420 a day. Since the beginning of the year I have lost about a stone and a half. On average about 2 pounds a week. And on a couple of occasions I have stayed the same due to drinking on a couple weekends and being on my period! :/

If you sensibly stick to your calories you will get there.
    And don’t forget to measure yourself... because sometimes I have stayed the same on the scales but have lost inches all round. (Water weight/period)

Hope this helps.
    Xx

• Miariasou716
    Miariasou716 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started 2 months ago. I'm over 40 and my goal is 1200 calories a day. I've lost 17 pounds (roughly 2 or more pounds every week). Most people will plateau after a few months or so and you just have to switch it up a little. Change your diet and exercise routing. I usually eat a "normal" 2000 calories a day or 2 to kick start again.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Ditto on everything posted.

When you plateau you have to settle, shock and start again.
  • embreekaren
    embreekaren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Some weeks you may not lose weight, that is why you need to do you your meaurement!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Some weeks you may not lose weight, that is why you need to do you your meaurement!

This! I only weigh myself once a month because the ups and downs are too discouraging to see daily, or even week-by-week.
  • equipo_dinamita
    equipo_dinamita Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    KHMcG wrote: »
    I have watched tons of vids on pushups. This guy is the best.

https://youtu.be/IODxDxX7oi4

Do it like this and as your upper abs begin to develop you will actually feel. your abs pulling your rib cage in. Do them everyday. Figure out your max and continue to push. No pun intended.

Once you master that you can start to move on to more complex exercises.

Thanks for the tip!!