Coronavirus

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not happy a big game is about to be on at our new stadium here in North Qld tomorrow night. People that don't care about anyone but themselves will fly in to see it just so they can see the stupid game. Sorry but men kicking a ball is not as important as lives to me. Why is it not called off? Oh yes.. money.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone do you think it's safe to travel on plane via domestic in the USA? I really need to go on this trip
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Never mind the masks I’m not leaving the house and stocking up on food 🥺

Did you not have food in your house before?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    AquaMeow wrote: »
    Hey everyone do you think it's safe to travel on plane via domestic in the USA? I really need to go on this trip

I don't live there so not answering but am asking so others can as to why you say "I really need to go on this trip" I guess that is important here so someone might give a proper answer.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options

One case in md. She traveled from boston and nowhere else.. fyi
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    i still think this corona virus thing is hoax-y
    A way to keep people from gathering

causing panic is profitable

Wondering if buying into the stock market ATM would be a good idea? Kind of a joke. But not.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

No one can really say with surety but if it were me, I'd wait. It depends on how badly people NEED to travel and how risky it'd be if/when they contracted the virus. :(
    I think so many people are passing this around because they're in denial, are ignorant of how bad it's getting or are just ignorant(as in the sports player who touched someone's camera and tested positive for it). :(
    If it were me, I'd put whatever I possibly could, on hold and hunker down in my cocoon. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Does it bother anyone else that our very own president seems to be *just* coming to grips with reality himself? Is he still out there shaking hands being up close and personal??? Anybody else see a possible dire problem with him infecting so many "important" people? Shouldn't HE be one of the first to model best practices?

SMH
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    NBA has suspended the remainder of the season.Dumbass player who rubbed his hands all over reporters mikes yesterday appears to have tested positive for covid-19. NHL will have an update tomorrow

Did he test positive before or after?? To me, if it was after, that should be a criminal charge waiting to happen. :( If it was before, he should've been heavily advised to self-quarantine.
    WTF is wrong with people?
  • DoomSlayer2020
    DoomSlayer2020 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to work from home for the next few months.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    @miss_zita_2020
    Cristiano Ronaldo is quarantined, one of his team mates tested positive.

🦠
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    think im gonna order one of those 3 wolves howling at the moon graphic tees from amazon to protect myself from the ronavirus
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    NBA has suspended the remainder of the season.Dumbass player who rubbed his hands all over reporters mikes yesterday appears to have tested positive for covid-19. NHL will have an update tomorrow

Yep and one of his teammates had visited a local high school and had contact with students and teachers. Now other teammates testing positive. No telling how many other NBA players they've had contact with in the last week or so. 😬
    I went to the store this morning for allergy meds, saw shelves empty of toilet paper, soap, and lysol. So guess who got to go on a toilet paper hunt? People are panicking. It's making my anxiety go crazy.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    One mistake the government is making is still allowing travel back from countries where the virus is prevalent, like Korea. They should have stopped that already.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    @miss_zita_2020 thanks for posting!

You’re welcome 😊
    My sister sent me that today and I thought of sharing it because it’s important to be informed.
    Not everyone agrees with that, as I already have one disagree but it’s ok.

I heard rhe same things from a doctor i trust. So ill keep drinking water until the warm weather comes ;)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Well I caused a shitstorm at work today. A courier dropped a shipment off and I wouldn't sign his PDA . Told him my name and that was it. He told me I "had to" sign it. Nope. It's covered in fingerprints and snot/slime. Besides , signing with one finger looks like a squiggle on an isis flag anyway so.....

Before work I was in a store and asked a guy who was stocking up on enough tp for the next 3 decades if he has a family of 26 and does he know covid-19 is a respiratory illness? Also to calm the *kitten* down and leave some for everyone else. I didn't say "oh yeah,and get off my lawn " maybe I should have 😎

I'm on a roll today, Ill post any updates 😛

I need to grow some balls like you for tomorrow I have people coming to fix something at my house and I wanna ask them to sanitize their hands before they come in...I have a bottle of sanitizer on the table by the front door to make it obvious but...

• ReenieHJ
    Options
    Miss_zita, is that all reliable information? I'm not being snarky but am truly curious why that's not being talked about everywhere?? People will panic over runny noses, etc, causing undue stress and needless running to the dr. But putting important info out to the public would be very helpful! IMO This is the very first I've seen anything like this and let's face it, everybody's talking about it now and the world is plastering us with all sorts of info. So where has this been?
    Thank you for sharing it!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I think suspension of the 2020 Census would be a good idea... census takers going door to door. We need to go online this year or suspend it for awhile. This isn't the flu or a hoax. I just watched NYC Mayor's press conference. As he said, any large venue can be used for a makeshift hospital. Large cafeterias, school gyms, conference centers. We'll adapt as we go. We'll have to have some tough conversations with visitors. Wanted or unwanted. Please leave your shoes at the door and wash your hands. Don't throw your mail or packages on the table where you eat and wash your hands after you're finished with it.

I'm concerned about first responders. EMT's, mail and delivery people, all others on the front lines. Mayor said we're probably looking at the next 6 months and some rougher road ahead.