Belly Fat

Options
Hey my MFP family,

I need help on toning my belly and waist line, and blasting this belly fat. I recently started going back to the gym 4-5 times a week, so right now my abs are sore. From many things I read it states do cardio, I am doing that, but need any advice on how to lose this belly fat over the next 6 months. Thank you.

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I've been told that you gotta do Interval training. You should walk on the treadmill for at least 5 minutes until your heart rate is high enough to burn fat (for me in the 20-29 year old range that's a heart rate of 130) then go do a rep on a machine or do your crunches then get back on the treadmill for a minute or two and then go do a different work out and then come back... And so on until you hit 30-60 minutes of exercise. I love it and pushed myself today at the gym... My Personal Trainer taught me how to do this!
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    85% of the equation is what you put in your mouth. Watch your intake, cut the sugars and processed foods out, skip the bread, pasta and potatoes, eat lean protein and only "good" fats, lots of veggies. Exercise will tone whats underneath but cardio burns off the fat. :wink:
  • clippershore
    Options
    I'm glad that someone posted this already, because I've been looking for help with my troubled belly fat as well. After 4 kids it just is the worst part of my body, and seems to be the slowest to get the memo to get lost. I'm going to have to try to do the abdominal exercises while my HR is higher. Hopefully I'll start to see better results soon.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Lose weight and it will drop off. Diet it away.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    85% of the equation is what you put in your mouth. Watch your intake, cut the sugars and processed foods out, skip the bread, pasta and potatoes, eat lean protein and only "good" fats, lots of veggies. Exercise will tone whats underneath but cardio burns off the fat. :wink:

This.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love doing Pilates. Even though a lot of its on the floor. Its great for your core. It targets the abs and gives you a great workout in little time. Everyone makes good points about watching what you eat, and doing cardio. That will work however, just loosing the belly fat isn't enough for me I do Pilates because I want my abs to be toned and defined.
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice guys!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    running, stress reduction and lower carbs can all help reduce belly fat..but in general you cant decide where you want to lose fat.

all the sit ups in the world wont give you a flat tummy. its all about body fat reduction. for a female to see her abs she needs to get down to about 15 % body fat.