Coronavirus

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    AquaMeow wrote: »
    Hey everyone do you think it's safe to travel on plane via domestic in the USA? I really need to go on this trip

Why do you really need to go? The recommendation in my state is not to cross state lines by any means until there is more of an understanding and handle on this...remember, this is only a couple of weeks old in the US. My work cannot restrict personal out of state travel, but we are requiring a 14 day quarantine for anyone who has traveled to an infectious area out of state or out of the country before returning to work.

I had a road trip planned with my kiddos at the end of the month for spring break, and as a precaution I am canceling. The event we were going to is likely to be cancelled anyway.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    NotSoFat70 wrote: »
    NBA has suspended the remainder of the season.Dumbass player who rubbed his hands all over reporters mikes yesterday appears to have tested positive for covid-19. NHL will have an update tomorrow

Did he test positive before or after?? To me, if it was after, that should be a criminal charge waiting to happen. :( If it was before, he should've been heavily advised to self-quarantine.
    WTF is wrong with people?

It was before...but why would he self quarantine, he hadn't been tested and had no symptoms. It was stupid AF, but he didn't know he had it yet which is why he was joking around about it.
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Well I caused a shitstorm at work today. A courier dropped a shipment off and I wouldn't sign his PDA . Told him my name and that was it. He told me I "had to" sign it. Nope. It's covered in fingerprints and snot/slime. Besides , signing with one finger looks like a squiggle on an isis flag anyway so.....

Before work I was in a store and asked a guy who was stocking up on enough tp for the next 3 decades if he has a family of 26 and does he know covid-19 is a respiratory illness? Also to calm the *kitten* down and leave some for everyone else. I didn't say "oh yeah,and get off my lawn " maybe I should have 😎

I'm on a roll today, Ill post any updates 😛

I need to grow some balls like you for tomorrow I have people coming to fix something at my house and I wanna ask them to sanitize their hands before they come in...I have a bottle of sanitizer on the table by the front door to make it obvious but...

Your house,your rules.I think they wouldn't have any problem using it given what is happening all over the world
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i bet if we dug up some of coronavirus's old tweets we could cancel it before the weekend
  • NotSoFat70
    iMago wrote: »
    i bet if we dug up some of coronavirus's old tweets we could cancel it before the weekend

😅
  • NotSoFat70
    Oh ffs, a customer got all butthurt because I wouldn't shake his big meaty paw after I helped him out . I told him a simple thank you will suffice. Jesus Christ, people are *kitten* unbelievable
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Well, my state is one of the few on the CDC's map of unaffected states, but we're surrounded on all sides, so I imagine it's only a short while before that changes. I've received numerous emails today about places in the area and how they expect to handle the infectious contagion should it become an issue (and I'm sure it will much like the flu is every year).

An organization I volunteer with has decided to postpone one of its events until May and is possibly looking at cancelling others. Sad because they're events for children, but I understand.

Went to the grocery store today (for groceries) and ran into "Toilet Paper-Gate" when I got to that aisle. All the toilet paper (even the expensive stuff) was gone. All the Lysol wipes and all the surface cleaners were wiped out. Odd thing is, they were still plenty stocked up on tissues. Guess it's a good thing I just wanted cat litter, cheese and some fruit. Yeesh.

What I don't understand is... why wait until now to practice washing your hands and being clean? Just eww. Should have been doing that from the get go.
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    Justin Trudeau is "self-isolating", his wife is sick and being tested.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Well I caused a shitstorm at work today. A courier dropped a shipment off and I wouldn't sign his PDA . Told him my name and that was it. He told me I "had to" sign it. Nope. It's covered in fingerprints and snot/slime. Besides , signing with one finger looks like a squiggle on an isis flag anyway so.....

Before work I was in a store and asked a guy who was stocking up on enough tp for the next 3 decades if he has a family of 26 and does he know covid-19 is a respiratory illness? Also to calm the *kitten* down and leave some for everyone else. I didn't say "oh yeah,and get off my lawn " maybe I should have 😎

I'm on a roll today, Ill post any updates 😛

I need to grow some balls like you for tomorrow I have people coming to fix something at my house and I wanna ask them to sanitize their hands before they come in...I have a bottle of sanitizer on the table by the front door to make it obvious but...

I've read that there're people that've allergies, to certain ingredients within hand soaps & sanitizer. It'd be best to plausibly ask them, to clean their hands. Offer them what you've available, even dish soap.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    I think suspension of the 2020 Census would be a good idea... census takers going door to door. We need to go online this year or suspend it for awhile. This isn't the flu or a hoax. I just watched NYC Mayor's press conference. As he said, any large venue can be used for a makeshift hospital. Large cafeterias, school gyms, conference centers. We'll adapt as we go. We'll have to have some tough conversations with visitors. Wanted or unwanted. Please leave your shoes at the door and wash your hands. Don't throw your mail or packages on the table where you eat and wash your hands after you're finished with it.

I'm concerned about first responders. EMT's, mail and delivery people, all others on the front lines. Mayor said we're probably looking at the next 6 months and some rougher road ahead.

I'd rather provide them with shoe covers, what if they've athlete's foot?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    On the plus side...

I'm sure my commute won't be as bad for a while 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Oh ffs, a customer got all butthurt because I wouldn't shake his big meaty paw after I helped him out . I told him a simple thank you will suffice. Jesus Christ, people are *kitten* unbelievable

Tell him he shouldn’t want to shake either what with all the people who can’t get their hands on any toilet paper 😁
  • NotSoFat70

Tell him he shouldn’t want to shake either what with all the people who can’t get their hands on any toilet paper 😁

I'll use that line tomorrow..provided we have any customers left
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    The main thing is for people to stay home if they are sick. Don’t go out!

Also, these toilet paper hoarders are ****
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing to worry about. The one and only Kim Kardashian has revealed psychic Sylvia Browne's prediction from 2008.....predicting this virus to come in 2020, and leave as abrubtly as it came. Thank god for people like Kim Kardashian to bring reason to all this panic.

I thought i copied the link but i guess not....sorry, may just have to google it
    This?? Saw this on snapchat
    ibnn74p0ucga.jpeg
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Absolutely nothing to worry about. The one and only Kim Kardashian has revealed psychic Sylvia Browne's prediction from 2008.....predicting this virus to come in 2020, and leave as abrubtly as it came. Thank god for people like Kim Kardashian to bring reason to all this panic.

I thought i copied the link but i guess not....sorry, may just have to google it
    ibnn74p0ucga.jpeg

That’s crazy. My bf showed me that too. Whoa!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »

ibnn74p0ucga.jpeg

That’s crazy. My bf showed me that too. Whoa!

That's nothing. Sheryl Crow predicted the run on TP back in '07.