I need help

Options
I feel so embarrassed saying this but i really don’t know how to start a diet or even managed calories.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    No need to be embarrassed, we all need to start somewhere :smiley:

A good place to start is reading the different stickied posts at the top of each subforum.

What are your stats and your goals?
  • Tsosie11
    Tsosie11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just set up your profile and put in your goals, when you log your food remember to look at your fat, calories and carbs, your goal setting will tell you what you are allotted and once you start doing it for a few days you will get the hang of it. trust me if i could do you so can you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree withTsosie11.

I was in my fifties and I had to learn too.

Just log the food you eat, look at your Food diary and tweak things as you go. Some people like to log stuff before they eat it, but I don't do that.

As far as Cliff Notes? Eat lean protein like low fat dairy, poultry and seafood. Lots of vegetables (other than just tomato and potato) and keep fat servings like mayo and butter to a minimum. A couple pieces of fruit daily.

Men tend to drink their calories, so look at cutting back on sweet drinks and alcohol.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Keep track of everything you eat, and log it on the app. Then be sure to check the nutrition portion to get an idea of what foods are better than others in certain areas, and adjust accordingly.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Just log the food you eat, look at your Food diary and tweak things as you go. Some people like to log stuff before they eat it, but I don't do that.

As far as Cliff Notes? Eat lean protein like low fat dairy, poultry and seafood. Lots of vegetables (other than just tomato and potato) and keep fat servings like mayo and butter to a minimum. A couple pieces of fruit daily.

Men tend to drink their calories, so look at cutting back on sweet drinks and alcohol.

I'm agree with this as well. But why limit fresh tomatoes?🤔 just curious. Would also add set a protein goal and fiber goal. Let carbs and fats fall where they may to your preference and satiety.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

I'm agree with this as well. But why limit fresh tomatoes?🤔 just curious. Would also add set a protein goal and fiber goal. Let carbs and fats fall where they may to your preference and satiety.

I'm not saying limit them. I'm saying there are other vegetables other than tomatoes (which I guess is actually a fruit) and potatoes.

I mean heck - when I was young potatoes and spaghetti were about it for "vegetables" I would eat. I counted corn as a vegetable back then, too. :lol:
  • mary_lou_rios
    mary_lou_rios Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Knowledge and education is key - calories in calories out- document everything you eat even if a few chips all the grazing adds up