Travel and Healthy Eating - Coronavirus

Options
AquaMeow
AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
edited March 2020 in Chit-Chat
Hey is anyone traveling and if so where? I'm hoping my domestic flight coming up won't be canceled. The paranoia of everything shutting down is making me go insane.

Replies

• AquaMeow
    Options

I honestly dont think it's that serious and I will still travel. I just wanted to see who else in this fitness app would be traveling as well.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,372 Member
    Options
    Not that serious on an individual level perhaps, for young and healthy people. But if too many people get ill at the same time, it could spell disaster for those who need medical help (the health care system won't be able to cope).
    So yeah, paranoia about 'everything' shutting down is not without reason (although the hoarding is unnecessary).

I live in Belgium. Yesterday the government decided to close schools, bars, restaurants (unless delivery at home or takeaway) for the next three weeks. Non-food shops closed on weekends. All recreational activities in group and sporting events are cancelled.

I'm going on holiday in May. The destination is still undecided, but I won't be going by plane: I don't feel like getting stuck at my travel destination if things go badly. I'll be monitoring the situation to choose a destination where the virus will have the least impact on our activities. Probably going to stay in an apartment or other self catering accommodation (so we can cook if restaurants are closed) and focussing on nature.

I guess it depends on why and where you are travelling.
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: Β»
    Not that serious on an individual level perhaps, for young and healthy people. But if too many people get ill at the same time, it could spell disaster for those who need medical help (the health care system won't be able to cope).
    So yeah, paranoia about 'everything' shutting down is not without reason (although the hoarding is unnecessary).

I live in Belgium. Yesterday the government decided to close schools, bars, restaurants (unless delivery at home or takeaway) for the next three weeks. Non-food shops closed on weekends. All recreational activities in group and sporting events are cancelled.

I'm going on holiday in May. The destination is still undecided, but I won't be going by plane: I don't feel like getting stuck at my travel destination if things go badly. I'll be monitoring the situation to choose a destination where the virus will have the least impact on our activities. Probably going to stay in an apartment or other self catering accommodation (so we can cook if restaurants are closed) and focussing on nature.

I guess it depends on why and where you are travelling.

It's an important travel and I need to do it. It's not a far plane ride. I am healthy and will wipe down areas of use and etc. I was just curious at what everyone thought. Thanks for your input
  • AquaMeow
    Options
    And to the person disagreeing with my opinion πŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎπŸ–•πŸΎ
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    AquaMeow wrote: Β»

If you give a opinion others will have one too.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Hey is anyone traveling and if so where? I'm hoping my domestic flight coming up won't be canceled. The paranoia of everything shutting down is making me go insane.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/flying-coronavirus-outbreak-cancel-my-flight-precautions

Posted around 3 hours ago. Some general info based on what is known.

Just keep in mind that the precautions exist to protect not just you, but immuno-compromised and endangered people who may or may not fight it off as well. :heart:
  • AquaMeow
    Options

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/flying-coronavirus-outbreak-cancel-my-flight-precautions

Posted around 3 hours ago. Some general info based on what is known.

Just keep in mind that the precautions exist to protect not just you, but immuno-compromised and endangered people who may or may not fight it off as well. :heart:

Yeah I get that
  • AquaMeow
    Options

If you give a opinion others will have one too.

Cool